Not open for further replies.

scotch

Striker
quick question lads,
whats the best brand type
and also value for money to buy,
probs from sports direct etc.

cheers

Most of Sports Directs tend to be Junior Match balls, or training balls. If you manage to find a senior match ball in there, they tend to be a bit on the shit side. Useful for 1 match, then never again.

If you pay about £12 for a readers ball it should last you and for me it would either be Readers or Dukes.

See Eddies post about bat breakers. Only I'm not as kind in asking you to put it back in your bag! ;)

Talking of balls you replaced that one I killed yet Ed?

If you pay about £12 for a readers ball it should last you and for me it would either be Readers or Dukes.

See Eddies post about bat breakers. Only I'm not as kind in asking you to put it back in your bag! ;)

Talking of balls you replaced that one I killed yet Ed?

no I'm keeping it, nee point me getting another one its only a waste

Are these good for spinners as well? I used a kookaburra something or other last season and no matter what I did with it, I could never get my balls to spin :)shock: :lol:)

Kookaburra's are a nightmare to try and get turn (imo) as an average spin bowler myself I say get a readers. You should get it to tweak when its brand new and you might get some bounce also, it will continue to play well as you get smacked all over off batters in the nets and who won't play like that against you in a game!

Don't buy a new ball for nets. The cheap ones are just so hard they smash bats for fun, and any opening batsman will tell you, bats last a hell of a lot less when facing the new ball regularly (even the good quality ones).

Usually its best just to use an old one, see if you can find a decent one in someon's bag that has been used for a 50 over game or something as it will still perform pretty well for a bowler, without smashing expensive bats for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back