Bury to be deducted 12 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very sad. Have every sympathy for them. One of the clubs that did a lot when young bradley passed away. Donated all the gate receipts from tbeir friendly with us to his cause despite their own issues.

Wow i didnt know this. I would have liked us to reimburse them when it was apparent they were struggling. Ive never really noticed anything about it. Very sad, i would like to see if we could help them out with any loans we are looking at sending out. Real class by them.

Wow i didnt know this. I would have liked us to reimburse them when it was apparent they were struggling. Ive never really noticed anything about it. Very sad, i would like to see if we could help them out with any loans we are looking at sending out. Real class by them.
We should fill their ground when we play them Buy programmes etc, every little helps

Always a very strong part of me that wants to see clubs fold. It can be quite amusing.

We should fill their ground when we play them Buy programmes etc, every little helps

If only donald was still on twitter, would be actually something worth bothering him about rather than the inane bollocks people sent him. Its a disgrace how this is allowed to happen with the money in the game. Sky too interested with their headlines about paul pogbas latest fart or whatever.

League One is effectively a 22 team competition from the start as there are two teams starting on -12 that pretty much already cannot win it. Its also a huge buffer to teams that might struggle given that 4 go down. Bolton and Bury will probably need to hit 60 points over the season (48 resultant) just to stay up and I reckon neither will manage that many, so thats half the relegation places sorted before a ball is kicked in anger.

What annoy's me is it never seems to apply to the teams at the other end. Chelsea can break FFP rules and get a transfer embargo. They have one of the best teams in the world and can ride that out.

Be interesting to see what happens if this Newcastle tax evasion thing every pans out. Rangers were effectively dissolved and reformed and stated in the Scottish 4th tier, which to my mind was still far too high up the pyramid for a brand new club.

Plymouth went down in the 4th relegation spot last season with 50 points so Bolton and Bury would actually need 62 points to match that. Wimbledon and Southend also had 50 but stayed up, so that appears to be the benchmark.

To put that into perspective, Blackpool finished 10th out of 24 with 62 points. Effectively, Bury and Bolton need to have a top ten season in a league of 24 teams to stay up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back