Burnopfield CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Colonel

I've been told that the plans for the new Burnopfield cricket ground have been passed and work will start soon. Also the craic is that once the new ground is ready Durham 2nd Team will play there.

I've been told that the plans for the new Burnopfield cricket ground have been passed and work will start soon. Also the craic is that once the new ground is ready Durham 2nd Team will play there.

The current ground seems quite nice from what I've seen, be interesting to see what the crack is. Rentaghost might know.

its near sorted mike small our durham seniors manager runs the show up their ..

new start new team last game at burnopfeild sept 2013 league select v alsorts ..

smallys a gem good luck ..

The current ground seems quite nice from what I've seen, be interesting to see what the crack is. Rentaghost might know.

Im must admit I dont know anything about it. A great little cricket club though - a friend of the family Tommy Nicols played up there for years and had Wasim Akram and Desmond Haynes staying with him when they were pro there. Tommy does a bit of coaching at Durham I think.

Im must admit I dont know anything about it. A great little cricket club though - a friend of the family Tommy Nicols played up there for years and had Wasim Akram and Desmond Haynes staying with him when they were pro there. Tommy does a bit of coaching at Durham I think.

i tommys my pal hes still around watching. akram lived with me then in gateshead tom used to pick him up when i was at north durham ... story on tom we had indoor nets at gateshead leisure center for durham cricket cc thats the ca team then we had some pros attending all bowlers smith - lander - johnson - wilkie all pinging every batter to the back of his stumps mat was iffffy tom went in said balliks to this n twatted them all over the nets unreal to see he just took them on tom oconor coach just looked and said never had he seen indoors a batter take on the so called fast fellows of durham and wipe them all out ...

i tommys my pal hes still around watching. akram lived with me then in gateshead tom used to pick him up when i was at north durham ... story on tom we had indoor nets at gateshead leisure center for durham cricket cc thats the ca team then we had some pros attending all bowlers smith - lander - johnson - wilkie all pinging every batter to the back of his stumps mat was iffffy tom went in said balliks to this n twatted them all over the nets unreal to see he just took them on tom oconor coach just looked and said never had he seen indoors a batter take on the so called fast fellows of durham and wipe them all out ...

You lived with Wasim Akram?

Tommy had an unbelievable eye - often opening the batting and just causing carnage from ball 1. Great bloke.

rentaghost said:
Tommy had an unbelievable eye - often opening the batting and just causing carnage from ball 1. Great bloke.

Good lad tommy , last seen in swalwell 2's about 10 years ago . Coached my bairns for years indoors at Gateshead .

Good lad tommy , last seen in swalwell 2's about 10 years ago . Coached my bairns for years indoors at Gateshead .

He still played at Swalwell until about 3 or 4 years ago. Played a couple of years for Durham over 50s with the likes of Peter Crane and then retired last year after a hand injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back