Bulb - Electricity provider - anyone know/use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcosseMackem

Striker
I'm looking at changing my electric provider and all of the price comparison sites are coming up with this crowd

I've never heard of them so that makes me a bit wary of switching - In their favour it is 100% green electricity which does appeal to me

Does anyone have any experience of them ??

I'm looking at changing my electric provider and all of the price comparison sites are coming up with this crowd

I've never heard of them so that makes me a bit wary of switching - In their favour it is 100% green electricity which does appeal to me

Does anyone have any experience of them ??

Unless they're generating and distributing their own electricity (which I very much doubt) that's a very bold claim to make. I'm surprised they haven't been pulled for that.

I started the switch at the end of last move and will be moving across in the next fortnight. Glad to hear everyone saying good stuff about them. I’ll be saving £330 pa against the new contract Sainsbury’s were moving me to.

Unless they're generating and distributing their own electricity (which I very much doubt) that's a very bold claim to make. I'm surprised they haven't been pulled for that.

Lots of energy companies offer green electricity. It's just an administrative thing really but the more suppliers move to this the more it also drives the building of the infrastructure to support it.

https://bulb.co.uk/energy/fuelmix/

I thought that.

I suppose if they are putting X amount of green energy into the grid and their customers are taking less than X amount out then the claim could be true?

I thought that.

I suppose if they are putting X amount of green energy into the grid and their customers are taking less than X amount out then the claim could be true?

But they claim all of theirs is hydro generated. Buying electricity isn't like buying a pint at the bar.

"I'll have a 10 Kwh's of your Pitlochry hydro generated electricity please Mr Bulb, delivered all the way to me on the south coast"

But they claim all of theirs is hydro generated. Buying electricity isn't like buying a pint at the bar.

"I'll have a 10 Kwh's of your Pitlochry hydro generated electricity please Mr Bulb, delivered all the way to me on the south coast"
Mine probably will be generated in Pitlochry or even further north to be honest;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back