"bring home the bacon"

it is frowned upon to refer to somewhere with a bad history as a blackspot. so I am afraid there is every possibility that it may happen.

look at the word guys. that was to refer to men and women and we were told it would be acceptable as gender neutral. 15 years down the line its not.

when it came in, my wife didn't like it as she said she was not a guy (I can confirm that) but she wasn't listened to. In fact when are any of us mere mortals listened too.

This is just another let’s laugh at vegans article, but ultimately our sayings will change. Some people don’t eat bacon for religious reasons, not just because they are vegans. It won’t stop people enjoying bacon and I don’t think this saying is the best example anyway, but things gradually evolve.

When I was a kid the words to eeny meeny miny moe were different. Times change, get over it.

Headline: X could be banned.

Actual story: A few people hope that over time X might become less commonplace, with absolutely no suggestion of anything being banned.

Most of the former broadsheets are generally fine, albeit the Independent has turned into a comic
The daily mail is still king for me like.

I literally watched its effect on me grandad, a man who all my life would tell me don't believe what you read in the papers then after a year of getting it delivered to his house it completely changed his outlook on the world. Nearly all of it, utter horseshit.

Managed to get it changed to the mirror and while it isn't perfect it makes his outlook on life a little more pleasant. :lol:

The daily mail is still king for me like.

I literally watched its effect on me grandad, a man who all my life would tell me don't believe what you read in the papers then after a year of getting it delivered to his house it completely changed his outlook on the world. Nearly all of it, utter horseshit.

Managed to get it changed to the mirror and while it isn't perfect it makes his outlook on life a little more pleasant. :lol:
It’s an absolute shit rag and Dacre is a massive thunderc***

it is frowned upon to refer to somewhere with a bad history as a blackspot. so I am afraid there is every possibility that it may happen.

look at the word guys. that was to refer to men and women and we were told it would be acceptable as gender neutral. 15 years down the line its not.

when it came in, my wife didn't like it as she said she was not a guy (I can confirm that) but she wasn't listened to. In fact when are any of us mere mortals listened too.
Is it? Never knew that

"Animal rights charity Peta is also on board and wants people to replace sayings such as "take the bull by the horns" with "take the flower by the thorns".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This cannot be true

I'm creased

"Be the guinea pig" = "Be the test tube" , "Kill two birds with one stone" = "Feed two birds with one scone"

Here's one for them, "the lunatics have taken over the asylum".

Back