Brighton fans stabbed in Rome

Depressingly familiar story. I’m resigned to never seeing us in Europe, but if we did I’d stay off the beaten track, no colours, and would avoid crowds of our fans. Cos of shit like this always happening.

Do the Italians target all foreign fans like this, or just the English? Is it still because of Heysel?

Depressingly familiar story. I’m resigned to never seeing us in Europe, but if we did I’d stay off the beaten track, no colours, and would avoid crowds of our fans. Cos of shit like this always happening.

Do the Italians target all foreign fans like this, or just the English? Is it still because of Heysel?

Italian football in general has a bit of a problem with it - particularly in the South (Milan etc tends to be ok).

I’ve been to Italy a few times to watch matches (inc England) and you do have to be very sensible. In Rome there are known routes that you simply avoid if you are a travelling fan. In Naples, the police chuck you onto buses which take around 3 hours to travel 5 miles 😂

I have to say the Italian police are total arseholes though - particularly if you are a visiting fan.

Happens outside the stadium so uefa will take the stance that it didn’t happen at the match so not their problem. Bullshit really. If a city can’t guarantee the safety of fans from this type of stuff the cities themselves should be banned from holding European matches.

Back