Bricks at the SOL

daft question but i'll still ask, do they chisel a name onto a blank brick or cut out a brick and insert a pre chiseled one in ?
Had mine a couple of years ago in section 22 / They are only slip bricks ( sort of half thickness) machined off site and cemented into any vacant panel when they have a few to install . I think about 22 000 installed and panel numbers run from section one at the main entrance to about 30 clockwise round the SOL

All our family got one when initially issued, just found some certificates and we have at least 2 locations and on some names 3 panels, saw them years ago and most were on same panel, will seek them out next time swimming with the grandkids. However no idea where my walk of fame went(got it for my 40th birthday, so decades ago 😳) as I think it disappeared under the north stand extension 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
All our family got one when initially issued, just found some certificates and we have at least 2 locations and on some names 3 panels, saw them years ago and most were on same panel, will seek them out next time swimming with the grandkids. However no idea where my walk of fame went(got it for my 40th birthday, so decades ago 😳) as I think it disappeared under the north stand extension 🤷🏻‍♂️
You will find a number of panels if you walk under the North stand overhang to the turnstile entrances ? It looks like the club preserved every brick as you would expect.

You will find a number of panels if you walk under the North stand overhang to the turnstile entrances ? It looks like the club preserved every brick as you would expect.
I go in through there every game and never thought to look down for my walkway slab , always assumed just gone, something else to look for 👍

Just e mailed my mate.
Burrells used to be the factor for the bricks years ago, I'm assuming nothing has changed.
He found my panel number for me.

Nice one mate.

I think it’s in the north stand but when I’ve looked a few months back I couldn’t find it

Are the panels actually numbered when you're at the SoL or is it just a reference sat in a database?

Like if I knew something was on panel 10 or panel 11 for example would they be labelled or would I be on for years unless I emailed Malcolm in the post above?

Are the panels actually numbered when you're at the SoL or is it just a reference sat in a database?

Like if I knew something was on panel 10 or panel 11 for example would they be labelled or would I be on for years unless I emailed Malcolm in the post above?
They’ve got numbers above the set of bricks

Back