Brian Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw him fronting Geordie in Doxy Club in the 70's remember saying to the future mrs lult he's a decent chanter little did i know the how high he'd go
Saw him in Geordie supporting Slade at the Empire in the late 70s iirc a few months later he was ower in Oz auditioning. Apparently Noddy didn't fancy the AC/DC job and recommended Johnson.

Got bored half way through ,not enough good banter to fill an hour .He's canny compared to say Jools Holland but still a bit rookie

He was in Brighams club a few year back having a pint and the regulars were pestering him for a song, and he eventually gave in when someone handed him a guitar. He started singing and these old blokes told him to pipe down as it was bloody awful - he just laughed and put the guitar down. He was in arguably the biggest band in the world at the time.
Proper down to earth bloke - also saw him picking up a curry from Ocean Road once.
:lol: sang too millions live but pie'd off by the coffin dodgers of sunny sooth sheels

saw him fronting Geordie in Doxy Club in the 70's remember saying to the future mrs lult he's a decent chanter little did i know the how high he'd go

Saw him with Geordie 77/78-ish at Hebburn Labour Club. They did their own stuff plus Zeppelin covers. Remember thinking it was a comedown from their chart days. Little did I know !

Came in PMT in Newcastle where my guitarist works to buy a guitar for his nephew, bought his driver a bass while he was there, spent about 6000 in 10 minutes, as he pulled his AMEX black card out his top pocket he pulled a pocket of turner baccy and some liquorice rizlas out too. There's a contrast.

Was dead canny signed all the lads stuff for them and was really down to earth by all accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back