Brexit threatens the UK music industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
This £300 per tour member carnet thingy UK bands will have to buy to tour in the EU. Is it per EU country toured or just to play EU wide? Is it also just per visit or per year!

No one seems to know and it could totally wipe out young/small uk bands from touring the EU if they can only do short tours due to work/family commitments etc.

I know warmduscher and hotel Lux are nipping over to northern France for a short Days off work tour while they still can soon.

they dont have to do that though and if it was, it's a visa that lasts for 3 months.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Travel light and hire in gear locally.

I was a remainer, but this one seems a tad silly to me. Turns toured the world before the EU, and they'll continue to do so after. Non-story

Wrong.
Punters bought LPs and singles before the UK joined the EU. Now they don’t.
Bands NEED to to tour and it could cost £300 per tour member more than it does now.
Travel light and hire in gear locally.

I was a remainer, but this one seems a tad silly to me. Turns toured the world before the EU, and they'll continue to do so after. Non-story.
They barely make money anyway. Hiring locally is a non starter.

And you think it is any more racist than most other European countries... You need to get out more
I’m not saying anything about other eu countries, I’m saying England has turned into a racist country and it has imho.

The upcoming grassroots bands don’t, as a rule.
They should maybes think about getting themselves into the top 6 domestically before playing in Europe anarl then.

Sorry like, but it's a complete non-story.

If you're good enough to tour Europe, you'll tour it.

So some spotty little tit with shit hair wanting to play rockstar can't load up the Transit and head for some club in down town Amsterdam anymore. So what. How on earth is that a threat to the music industry in this country?

They should maybes think about getting themselves into the top 6 domestically before playing in Europe anarl then.

So some spotty little tit with shit hair wanting to play rockstar can't load up the Transit and head for some club in down town Amsterdam anymore. So what. How on earth is that a threat to the music industry in this country?
Viola beach like this.

Well it would have fucked the Beatles up for a start.. ;) mind, I agree, it's just a scare tactic of the remainers.

It has a racist element and always has. Brexit may have given some a louder voice but it's still only a very small minority
You obviously haven't been following news stories over the past few years.

Well it would have fucked the Beatles up for a start.. ;) mind, I agree, it's just a scare tactic of the remainers.
A club residency isn't exactly touring. I'm those working the summer season in Spanish holiday resorts haven't much to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back