Brewlab tap room

I liked their Jaffa cake stout.
Certain adjuncts aren’t fit me like. Orange & cherry. I’d still give the beer a try, but if there’s a few choices it’ll be way down the list.

Was in the Dun Cow a few months ago & accidentally had a Jaffa Cake Play Brew Co stout. Was canny, but didn’t realise it was orange until I went back to the bar & saw the clip properly :lol:

Certain adjuncts aren’t fit me like. Orange & cherry. I’d still give the beer a try, but if there’s a few choices it’ll be way down the list.

Was in the Dun Cow a few months ago & accidentally had a Jaffa Cake Play Brew Co stout. Was canny, but didn’t realise it was orange until I went back to the bar & saw the clip properly :lol:

I prefer stouts and porters to be plain mainly with some expecptions e.g.the Treacle Toffee stout by Maxim the many Plum Porters etc.

Only wish Black Maxim was still brewed by Maxim.

I presume Santas soot will be out again this Christmas?

I prefer stouts and porters to be plain mainly with some expecptions e.g.the Treacle Toffee stout by Maxim the many Plum Porters etc.

Only wish Black Maxim was still brewed by Maxim.

I presume Santas soot will be out again this Christmas?
They normally hoy it on, if it is they’d have already brewed it I’d have guessed.

I like straight up stouts, but chocolate, vanilla & coconut don’t go amiss.

The Treacle Toffee Stout was spot on, however it feels like as soon as most breweries get any kind of toffee, caramel near it it gets very sweet.

They normally hoy it on, if it is they’d have already brewed it I’d have guessed.

I like straight up stouts, but chocolate, vanilla & coconut don’t go amiss.

The Treacle Toffee Stout was spot on, however it feels like as soon as most breweries get any kind of toffee, caramel near it it gets very sweet.

Agree on your three preferred adjuncts there though my top one will always be coffee. Maple syrup works but can be far too sweet if overdone. Honeycomb is another I'd pick but agree that for the sweet ones it's hard to get the balance right between being able to taste it, and it bring overpoweringly sweet.

Fruit stouts rarely work for me so I rarely even bother now if I see one.

Agree on your three preferred adjuncts there though my top one will always be coffee. Maple syrup works but can be far too sweet if overdone. Honeycomb is another I'd pick but agree that for the sweet ones it's hard to get the balance right between being able to taste it, and it bring overpoweringly sweet.

Fruit stouts rarely work for me so I rarely even bother now if I see one.
Aye, missed coffee out, love a coffee one. Honeycomb is normally canny as it’s got a bit of sweetness & a bit of a burnt taste after that balances it out.

Taproom open tomorrow

available for collection
0191 5499450

Barley Wine Ederflower Pale ale Indian lager vanilla stout Davy Lamp stout Creamy Beligan Norhern Comet Traditional IPA NZ pale ale etc.

Back