Brentford v Newcastle kick off 1730 Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not seen any of the mags in such a long time. I absolutely loved andy carrolls performance tho! My god how shit is he

Bruce does have a better points per game ratio in the Premier League than Benitez. That is irrefutable. But I think that's not telling the full story. Bruce is doing ok if you look purely at the results and points. Some people say that's all that matters, but we know that isn't the case. Bruce's last 10 months or so at Sunderland should tell you that.
In Bruce's first full season, we scored less, conceded more, got less points than in the previous season. So we performed more poorly than in the season before. The football is worse, we allow the opposition more shots, we take less shots, have less of the ball, and you just have to watch to see there isn't really a plan.
There's been many games under Bruce where we've totally stolen points from the opposition, been extremely fortunate not to be dead and buried then by a freak turn of events got something out of it. Prevalent examples are Everton away last season scoring two goals after 93 minutes to draw 2-2, or Spurs away this season when Eric Dier had the ball headed off the back of his arm.
I'd expect us to lose 5 of the next 7 league games. Leeds at home and Sheffield United away are our best chance of points. Things won't look so rosy then imo.

Magedia turning on the lerkel hero, hounded oot like the last one......

Not seen any of the mags in such a long time. I absolutely loved andy carrolls performance tho! My god how shit is he

That 1st shot he had from about 35 yards was pure Peter Kay "Ave It"

Has anyone got a clip of it?

Must have hit row 30 in the stand

Comfortable in the premier league and knocked out at a QF stage in a cup. The world is closing in on them...they really are the most arrogant and daftest football supporters on this planet we call earth.
Now these embarrassments are Bruce’s fault whereas the same ones under Benitez were Ashley’s fault 🤔🤔🤔 shallow *****
Ye divent understand.

Last edited:
Don't like to see that (would say the same if it was us as well and its happened at our club before), local lad just doing his best. Its not his fault they all bigged him up beyond his ability and now they realise hes not actually that good (or maybe just out of form) they blame the lad himself. I have no doubt he is doing his best.

exactly. They have this thing about building up very average players and making out they are something they arent. Then they get hyped up by the media and linked with "big clubs/england", or they get sold to a bigger club and do very little, or they dont live up to the hype at Newcastle and are crucified by the fans.

Longstaff is a prime example of the latter. Hes a reasonable player, who Newcastle quickly decided was class, the media linked him to Manchester United and the fans suddenly decided he was deserving of an England cap.

Now the team isnt performing well, they are blaming him for not being as good as they made him out to be.if Newcastle were playing the same way, but picking up points (as theycdid earlier in the season) they would all be bigging up Longstaff again.

Last edited:
Bruce happily accepted Joelinton being signed and continued to play him even though he was shite, Benitez knew he was being signed and didnt want him, that speaks volumes in itself.

As said above Bruce took over an established well coached mid table team, he has spent money on it and made it worse, never mind looking at points accrued, of course Bruce would have more points seen as he took over a decent team, Benitez took over a mess and established it. Imagine you start a job at a company and its a complete mess, you come in sort out the mess and get the company doing well again, you then leave and someone else takes your job , the new person is then given money to try and improve on the good work you had done, instead they then proceed to waste the money and take the credit for all the good work you had put in whilst not really improving anything, eventually the company gets worse and worse and goes back to its old ways. That is what Bruce has done and will continue to do with Newcastle the longer he remains in charge.
Here’s hoping.
Definitely not one of you but just f***ing tired of supporting shit. I would respect Bruce more if he came out and just said we were outplayed and didn’t do enough. But he won’t. It’s never his fault. I’m not sure if this was his pattern with you or not.

Perhaps the saddest thing is that it’s not a surprise and it hasn’t ruined my day like it would have 10 years ago. Apathy is absolutely the word.
Steve “The Excuse” Bruce says dust yerself doon man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back