Breaking a finger keeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is an arse

What does healing time look like?

Depends how bad the break..... From someone that has broken many digits, dislocated others and then broke AND dislocated one at the same time - it may not be as bad as you think. You could potentially be back within 2-3 weeks if it isn't too bad and you strap it to another finger. Plenty of ice to lessen the swelling and just make sure you don't knock it.

Which finger is it?

Depends how bad the break..... From someone that has broken many digits, dislocated others and then broke AND dislocated one at the same time - it may not be as bad as you think. You could potentially be back within 2-3 weeks if it isn't too bad and you strap it to another finger. Plenty of ice to lessen the swelling and just make sure you don't knock it.

Which finger is it?

Right ring finger

And apparently not bad, took them forever to find on the x ray

But she said 6 weeks ish

Them ones take longest to heal unfortunately though. Just give it loads of rest and strap it up. You could probably get away with playing within a month,as a regular fielder though.

Wey just strap it up and grit your teeth man. Its only a finger and theres plenty healing time in the winter.

Unless its a pretty horrific break then it will be fine. I and a load of others I know have played with them before. I know a few wicket keepers with some pretty ugly fingers going off slightly wonky but they were harly holding out for careers as hand models on completion of their cricket careers.

If I rang my skipper and told him I was missing a game because of a broken finger I would be laughed at. You find that the lads who miss games with broken fingers are the ones who wander round the field with their full club tracksuits on (collar up of course) with maximum strapping on their bad hand, carrying a pint of orange and water in the other much to the derision of the others in the ground.

Unless its a pretty horrific break then it will be fine. I and a load of others I know have played with them before. I know a few wicket keepers with some pretty ugly fingers going off slightly wonky but they were harly holding out for careers as hand models on completion of their cricket careers.

If I rang my skipper and told him I was missing a game because of a broken finger I would be laughed at. You find that the lads who miss games with broken fingers are the ones who wander round the field with their full club tracksuits on (collar up of course) with maximum strapping on their bad hand, carrying a pint of orange and water in the other much to the derision of the others in the ground.

Spot on anyone who misses a game with a broken finger needs to take a good long look at themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back