Brake fluid change / brake pipe leak

Exile in Ayr

Central Defender
I had the brake fluid changed last Thursday. Today while having the rear suspension arms and bushes changed a brake pipe needs changing, and an extra £170 for the privilege. Obvious question is done 70 miles driving between last Thursday and today. Should the brake pipe leak have been spotted while changing the brake fluid last Thursday?

Depends where the brake pipe is located but yeah, I’d expect it to have been picked up.

Nevertheless, the cost is yours as the dealer hasn’t damaged it.

Depends where the brake pipe is located but yeah, I’d expect it to have been picked up.

Nevertheless, the cost is yours as the dealer hasn’t damaged it.
Yes, I thought so. They give the car a health check, hence the arms and bushes change. Also said a slight oil leak needs investigating which I haven't authorized atm. Other thing was a rear number plate bulb wasn't working. Tapped the cover and hey presto bulb came on, probably a lose connection so no charge for that.

Yes, I thought so. They give the car a health check, hence the arms and bushes change. Also said a slight oil leak needs investigating which I haven't authorized atm. Other thing was a rear number plate bulb wasn't working. Tapped the cover and hey presto bulb came on, probably a lose connection so no charge for that.
The brake pipe should absolutely have been picked up on the health check. The fact it was is annoying but these things happen. I’d rather know now than not at all.

That number plate build will need changing soon.

Back