Bowling Speeds - Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri

Striker
Following on from a comment by Hussein on Sky about bowling speeds in County Cricket where he basically said (iirc) no one bowls above 80 mph I was wondering what speed Durham's bowlers bowl at.

Maybe if tougher of county players regardless of physique because of the number of games, maybe.

I'd guess Rushy is 78-80 mph, Onions is 83-85 mph. but I don't know if that's close or what.

What about Arshad (looks pretty sedate to me), Weighell and Carse (look a little more rapid), Coughlin, McCarthy, Potts.

Anyone have any idea?

Following on from a comment by Hussein on Sky about bowling speeds in County Cricket where he basically said (iirc) no one bowls above 80 mph I was wondering what speed Durham's bowlers bowl at.

Maybe if tougher of county players regardless of physique because of the number of games, maybe.

I'd guess Rushy is 78-80 mph, Onions is 83-85 mph. but I don't know if that's close or what.

What about Arshad (looks pretty sedate to me), Weighell and Carse (look a little more rapid), Coughlin, McCarthy, Potts.

Anyone have any idea?

He didn't really say that did he? Fucks he talking about

Anyone have any idea?
He wants us to pay £25 for shit takes like that?

If Nasser really said nobody in county cricket bowls over 80 then he needs his f***ing head looking at.

If Nasser really said nobody in county cricket bowls over 80 then he needs his f***ing head looking at.
Pretty sure. He was talking about philander at the time and comparing him to county cricket paces ... and philander was bowling 77/78 mph.

All our lads are only Medium fast imo so around about 80mph if that, maybe Carse is the quickest of the lot?

Potts (as promising as he seems) doesnt look much quicker than Jennings imo but I know hes only a baby.

Turn back to a time when we had Hunter, Harmison, Plunkett & some rapid overseas bowlers all in the same squad :cool::eek:

On comms Derby v. Durham Marty stated that Colly said Potts had been officially clocked at 85mph.

On comms Derby v. Durham Marty stated that Colly said Potts had been officially clocked at 85mph.
Suprised by that, he looked militarty medium but as we know, bowlers can be hugely effective at little over 75mph in County Cricket albeit it doesnt work on the test stage.

That said, who gives a •••• about serving players up for England anymore.

Suprised by that, he looked militarty medium but as we know, bowlers can be hugely effective at little over 75mph in County Cricket albeit it doesnt work on the test stage.

That said, who gives a •••• about serving players up for England anymore.

I was suprised as well. But took it to mean that he is capable of bowling at 85 mph not that every ball is sent down at that speed. Certainly doesn't look like Potts bowls at that pace.

At Derby last week Potts was the quickest on show IMO. Coughlin maybe pushing 80 at times, especially at Godleman second innings. The rest mid to high 70s at a guess.

Mind Onions is nowhere near 80 these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back