Boro Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not a popular view on here, but over the years I have met many Boro Fans.

I worked there for a while. We met a fair few today and as usual I found them to be friendly decent and honest.

The lads we met in the pub this afternoon wished us luck when we left and hoped we stay up. In my opinion they are a decent bunch who don't take themselves too seriously.

We have an awful lot in common with them if we are honest enough to admit it.

Maybe not a popular view on here, but over the years I have met many Boro Fans.

I worked there for a while. We met a fair few today and as usual I found them to be friendly decent and honest.

The lads we met in the pub this afternoon wished us luck when we left and hoped we stay up. In my opinion they are a decent bunch who don't take themselves too seriously.

We have an awful lot in common with them if we are honest enough to admit it.

Can't disagree, if it wasnt for your silly accents we would be like peas in a pod

;)

The boro lads I work with are decent enough. They know they are shite and aren’t deluded. However, it does annoy them when I tell them I don’t consider them a rival or a derby.

Don't mind Boro. You cant hate a club and fanbase when you don't know any of them mind. Being from South Tyneside you are either red n white or mag shite, with a few twats suporting man utd, liverpool etc.

How anyone can say Boro is a derby game is beyond me mind.

Don't mind Boro. You cant hate a club and fanbase when you don't know any of them mind. Being from South Tyneside you are either red n white or mag shite, with a few twats suporting man utd, liverpool etc.

This is why it'll never be an intense rivalry for me like. I bet a pretty high percentage of Sunderland fans have never even met a Boro fan. Very few will encounter them on a regular basis. It's the weeks at work and in the pub building and the dread of having face the pisstaking that makes the Mags game so big.

This is why it'll never be an intense rivalry for me like. I bet a pretty high percentage of Sunderland fans have never even met a Boro fan. Very few will encounter them on a regular basis. It's the weeks at work and in the pub building and the dread of having face the pisstaking that makes the Mags game so big.
One got his Windows put out in Penshaw once when Boro beat us

Never saw any bother yesterday. Parked with the home fans and felt perfectly safe walking into the ground and back out to the car.

Had a bit of cheek from the stewards and Police who were around the away end, but it was all in good nature and funny.

Depends where you live, having said that living Hartlepool at the southern end of County Durham all my life I still never came across many. Just the odd one or two, it has only been the last 3/4 years while I've been working in Stockton I have met a decent number of them. One of which when he went to the Boro home game against Palace last season, he got home afterwards and his wife asked him how it was and he said yeah it was canny, not a bad 1-1 draw. She told him they'd been beaten 2-1 and he didn't believe her, he was there and it was 1-1. Anyway he checked and found out Palace scored early in the second half while he was still having his half time pint. The daft git managed to make it all the way through the second half and drove all the way home home thinking they had drawn the game.

I would regard it as a derby though but only just and not even a remotely fierce one, 30odd miles between the stadiums means it's right on the cusp though as not many derbys are that far apart throughout the country. Leicester are in a similar position whereby people regard their matches against Derby as being a derby but they are a similar distance apart as us and Boro while Derby have a much bigger derby against Forest

Worked with a few in the past and all good lads. Always quite like some boro growing up when they had some tremendous players (Juninho Emerson Ravanelli to name a few). I think it's a shame that the north east contingent don't back each other a bit.

Worked with a few in the past and all good lads. Always quite like some boro growing up when they had some tremendous players (Juninho Emerson Ravanelli to name a few). I think it's a shame that the north east contingent don't back each other a bit.

Agree entirely being from Wolviston I get along just fine with the Boro lads - a genuine set of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back