Boot

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

The Fred Whitton cycling sportive is a 100+ mile event around the lake district which finishes going up and over Hard Knot.
Only for the mentally insane. I know someone who's done it a few times, once in lashing wind and rain. He is mentally insane.

The Fred Whitton cycling sportive is a 100+ mile event around the lake district which finishes going up and over Hard Knot.
Only for the mentally insane. I know someone who's done it a few times, once in lashing wind and rain. He is mentally insane.
He is a very lucky lad if he has done it a few times and only once has been in lashing wing and rain I can assure you:lol:

Lovely place is Boot with some great pubs in the area:cool:

Just for info..

Britain's steepest road

Quick facts
Boot is a small village in Eskdale, Cumbria, in the Lake District of England. It forms part of the Borough of Copeland. There are two roads from which to access the village, one of which is the Hardknott Pass and Wrynose Pass, Britain's steepest road; it is closed when icy.Wikipedia
Sorry for being pedantic like (obviously I'm not actually sorry) but there's only one road from which you can access the village, which leaves the village in two directions

I’m fancying going into the ballot for that!

Sorry for being pedantic like (obviously I'm not actually sorry) but there's only one road from which you can access the village, which leaves the village in two directions
Have you been to the Village mate?

Back