Booking Disney Land

Looking at potentially doing this in the summer. Covid permitting of course.

I know they have your eyes out but what is the best value way of doing this?

Would have to be summer holidays.

Is the one in Paris any good or is it worth going the whole hog and going Florida?
How old are the kids? Think I’d wait until we are more back to normal.

Paris is decent if the kids are younger.

Agree with everyone about Florida - it will cost more than Paris (obviously) but much better value all in all. If you do want to go for the Paris option, try booking it on their French website. You need to be able to speak (or at least understand) French, or have someone who does to make sure you know what you've booked, but you will save a fortune by booking your own Eurostar transport and your Disneyland Paris parks and hotel package on the French site.

I’ll have them prices

Paid for the flight and the car only , after picking the car up drove over to ID to the tourist information centre , asked there for a decent hotel for nowt.

They had loads to choose from but the one they recommended hadn’t been open long .

$29 plus tax per room per night.

They confirmed the room rate at the front desk only if I paid up front , I couldn’t get the card out of me pocket quick enough.

It worked out at £20.50 per night 😂

We even drove down to Key West for a few days and left the room till we got back .

Great place to go .

I've priced up Euro one and its about 2k for a week package but you gotta drive there.

The Florida one they have to ring you with a price so I'm expecting it to be hefty.

I'm guessing you've got food on top of that?
Drive there and stay in a hotel just outside the park and you can do it much cheaper.

Went in 1994

Flights from MCR £199 each
Car hire £300
4* On ID for $29 a night per room

World Cup was on , saw Holland v Ireland for $30

Saw the Space shuttle take off for $0

None of this helps 26 years later, but Orlando is the only way to do it imho.
Is it any help 28 years later though?

We’re planning on going to the Euro one this year and was just about to book. Then read that you have to have masks on in all the parks, even outdoor. That’s no holiday man

Does the age of your kids matter, will they get the most out of it in Florida at say 3 year old?
Was gonna post this, better just doing Paris for kids that age. There’s more than enough to keep them happy then save up for the big one in 2-3 years time.
Have to agree Florida is way better and much more to do but better when the kids will remember it all
Thinking about going back this year (kids are 13 and 15) as we were meant to go in 2020 and we can go a bit earlier as my daughter should be finished her GCSCs in June

Disney is a little different atm, you have to reserve the parks for the days you wanna visit. So need to keep an eye on availability once you have your tickets. Other noticeable thing is no characters wandering around for photos etc. behind a rope…scared of catching covid I guess!!

Probably should have done this in the last, always just done adhoc tho as we’re lazy!

If you don’t have the dining pass you pay for food and reserve via the app now, then rock up and collect your bait. Changed a bit cos of covid. Works well tho tbh.

We went to the Paris one a couple of years before covid hit, and the characters werent out & about then. You had to queue up to meet them in a hut or only a certain times. So dunno if it's just a newish thing anyway, as went to florida as a kid & they were out & about posing for photos & signing autographs

Was gonna post this, better just doing Paris for kids that age. There’s more than enough to keep them happy then save up for the big one in 2-3 years time.
Have to agree Florida is way better and much more to do but better when the kids will remember it all
Thinking about going back this year (kids are 13 and 15) as we were meant to go in 2020 and we can go a bit earlier as my daughter should be finished her GCSCs in June

Same for me...we're going when she's finished her exams as well.

I’ll watch this. It’s owa lasses dream to go with the kids at the right age. To the point where we’ll have to have a separate savings pot to make it happen. Reckon we’ll be looking 3/4 years, so this’ll be interesting
Adult prices applied from age 9 for the parks

We went to the Paris one a couple of years before covid hit, and the characters werent out & about then. You had to queue up to meet them in a hut or only a certain times. So dunno if it's just a newish thing anyway, as went to florida as a kid & they were out & about posing for photos & signing autographs

aye it’s just a covid thing I think, they’re usually out and about.

There’s a place in Holland that’s meant to be good for younger bairns - Efteling i think it is.
Yeah heard of that.
GCSCs made me laugh for some reason. 😂

Yeah, perfect ages those. We are just doing Paris with my daughters this year but will wait a few years for the real deal.

Last edited:
Yeah heard of that.

GCSCs made me laugh for some reason. 😂

Yeah, perfect ages those. We are just doing Paris with my daughters this year but will wait a few years for the real deal.
Didn’t even realise I’d typed that :lol:

We went to Florida in 2014 when they were 6 and 8. I think around that age is perfect.

Back