Booking a driving test.

Trying to book a retest, None available till the end of time it seems.... anyone know the best time to get online to get a slot booked? pulling my hair out here.
Few of my pupils have the 'driving test now' app...it will alert you to any cancellations as soon as they happen.
As for her stall , can definitely fail unfortunately if it causes someone else a problem, like moving off from a junction .

Going back six year since I did mine like but I failed the first one and used one of them cancellation checkers to get an earlier test for the second. Think I used Driving Test Cancellations. Cost a few quid but it moved it forward about a month so was worth it.

They would text when a slot became available, I'd check with my instructor if he was good for that date and time, then I could book the slot. Missed a couple with him not getting back to me in time although to be fair he was working.

Last edited:
Definitely seems harsh then - what a pisser especially when the wait for another test is so long
Total sickner. Cannot even get a retest at the min.
Few of my pupils have the 'driving test now' app...it will alert you to any cancellations as soon as they happen.
As for her stall , can definitely fail unfortunately if it causes someone else a problem, like moving off from a junction .
Cheers. Yeah iv been reading upon it. Just unlucky.
You used to be able to register for cancellations, have to be canny flexible like but might be an option if it’s still a thing.
I think you need to have a test booked now to do it. Il check it out.
Thanks il download it. Cheers.
Was she on a roundabout at the time?
Approaching one.

Last edited:
Total sickner. Cannot even get a retest at the min.

Cheers. Yeah iv been reading upon it. Just unlucky.

I think you need to have a test booked now to do it. Il check it out.

Thanks il download it. Cheers.

Approaching one.
When I was trying to get a cancellation, I just used to keep checking the website every hour or so. Pain in the arse but found one eventually.

6 tests a day they are doing at my local center.

You need a test booked to use it.

Book the first one available, then use one of the many sites or apps out there. They all do the same, and reviews are available with a quick search. I know from experience they work. There was a 5 month wait (Easter) when I was trying to book one for the Mrs in November. I booked it registered on one of those sites, and within 48 hours a test was booked a week later. This was whilst we were in tier 3 from memory so works with covid. They check constantly so she will get one.

Book the first one available, then use one of the many sites or apps out there. They all do the same, and reviews are available with a quick search. I know from experience they work. There was a 5 month wait (Easter) when I was trying to book one for the Mrs in November. I booked it registered on one of those sites, and within 48 hours a test was booked a week later. This was whilst we were in tier 3 from memory so works with covid. They check constantly so she will get one.
Yeah thats the plan. Booking anything is the hardest bit atm.

Back