Bolton have postponed game v Doncaster over fears

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date

If clubs have plenty of notice then maybe Saturdays freed up by cancelled Bury and Bolton games can be used for fixtures rearranged due to international commitments.

If we lose four fixtures will that stop the talk of 100 points ?
Only if the two clubs were due to play Bury and Bolton on same date

It's not that simple.

Kids can't play three times in a week against seasoned pros.

That much should be apparent to the EFL given that the club have twice asked them to postpone fixtures this season.
Course they can. And if the 18-21 year olds are tired play the 16-17 year olds. Play 11 fans. It's an absolute disgrace. Kids in local leagues play two matches a week all the time.
They can ask 11 fans to volunteer. Inwould play if it was us

Last edited:
Course they can. And if the 18-21 year olds are tired play the 16-17 year olds. Play 11 fans. It's an absolute disgrace. Kids in local leagues play two matches a week all the time.
They can ask 11 fans to volunteer. Inwould play if it was us
You know what, they really should do this as it will highlight even more the utter ridiculousness of this whole situation. PFA obviously would have a bit of a fit over it all

I find it hard to believe that there aren’t 9 or 10 out of contract Ch/L1/L2 level players that would turn out on a trial or non contract basis. Even short term it puts them in the shop window or they might earn a contract for when the takeover goes through.

I find it hard to believe that there aren’t 9 or 10 out of contract Ch/L1/L2 level players that would turn out on a trial or non contract basis. Even short term it puts them in the shop window or they might earn a contract for when the takeover goes through.
There’s no money to pay them until a sale goes through

This Bolton and Bury situation is a crying shame like. SD done wonders ensuring we didn’t get into that situation.
And Ellis, tbf

(In terms of the hit he took when selling....I appreciate that it was under him that we got into the mess that we did...but he could’ve been a whole lot meaner in terms of trying to claw back some of his losses if he hadn’t cared about the club)

If we lose half of our Christmas fixture list surely that’s going to require compensating? Rearrange some of our weekday games for the Boxing Day game?

I’ll be pissed off if I’m home for Christmas and there’s no match on Boxing Day 👿 selfish bastards 😉

And Ellis, tbf

(In terms of the hit he took when selling....I appreciate that it was under him that we got into the mess that we did...but he could’ve been a whole lot meaner in terms of trying to claw back some of his losses if he hadn’t cared about the club)
of course thats rght..but bolton had someone who did what ellis did..in terms of wrotng off over £100m of debt..the problem is, the bolton guy sold to some right spivs who undid yers of good work in a few months..ellis managed to avoid selling to complete losers..

So can we get games pospopned rather than risk our better players, if we think they may be subject to injury?

The whole issue is turning/has turned into farce.
Its obvious Bolton are unable to sort themselves out (they've had long enough).
Fulfill the fixture, or drop out of the league.
Same with Bury.
Sad though it is for the supporters of both clubs, the facts are not going to go away.

How much sympathy do you reckon we would get? Aye it's shit for the fans who have spent hard earned cash and put hours in supporting them, but it's now becoming detrimental to the competition. The football league should be taking a long look at themselves too and asking why it's been allowed to happen.
The situation with Bolton has been detrimental from the moment they were first permitted to play with 70% youth team players. Say they got their shit together and started fielding a full strength team from mid October, then those teams that got to play against them before then got a much easier ride than those that play them after then. This shows just how farcical the difference between the way the Football League have handled Bolton's and Bury's situations!

The situation with Bolton has been detrimental from the moment they were first permitted to play with 70% youth team players. Say they got their shit together and started fielding a full strength team from mid October, then those teams that got to play against them before then got a much easier ride than those that play them after then. This shows just how farcical the difference between the way the Football League have handled Bolton's and Bury's situations!

We were told to play them, it wasn't the club's idea.

Bury haven't had to field their kids.

If their situation is resolved they'll have a better chance of picking up points in their first few games than we did.

If we lose half of our Christmas fixture list surely that’s going to require compensating? Rearrange some of our weekday games for the Boxing Day game?

I’ll be pissed off if I’m home for Christmas and there’s no match on Boxing Day 👿 selfish bastards 😉
Every team will already have a fixture Boxing Day

Controversial I know, but I'm finding it hard to have any sympathy for them. They're simply not fit for purpose. It might only be the third division but, it's a professional league at the end of the day.
Probably the worst abuse I ever got for being a Sunderland fan at work was from this Bolton prick. Coloured my view of them. Probably should feel more sympathetic for them than I do. He used to talk like they were Man Utd's main rivals

If any team is allowed to call off a game because they lose just 5-0 and might be tired it's a farce. These weren't kids, there are plenty the same age who play in the Premier League. I don't know what Bolton were thinking of just calling it off unilaterally.
Probably the worst abuse I ever got for being a Sunderland fan at work was from this Bolton prick. Coloured my view of them. Probably should feel more sympathetic for them than I do. He used to talk like they were Man Utd's main rivals
They were in the 1950s.

Last edited:

Back