Bolton game halted

Medical emergency in stand. When did this become a thing where games are stopped because of a spectator being ill-
May sound callous but does the game need to be stopped and players taken off?
If it helps to save a life, yes.

Happened to us not long ago. I think it added on a good chunk of time 30-50 mins possibly? Might have remembered it wrong, but it was at the SoL and a night match.

Last edited:
Medical emergency in stand. When did this become a thing where games are stopped because of a spectator being ill-
I hope and pray, god forbid it doesn’t , if it ever happens to you I bet in that moment you hope you receive treatment and not 400 people meandering around you eating pies and drinking pints.

don't think so. I would like to think the game continued whilst my love one went to hospital and was being treated.
You do know that it’s not always possible to move the patient to an ambulance immediately and that life saving treatment may need to be provided in situ, don’t you?

Pretty staggered by your take, really. I can’t help but feel you’re either on a wind up, or not very intelligent. Though the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Players normally just go to the touchline for drinks etc... Very rare they go off the pitch.

If it helps to save a life, yes.

Happened to us not long ago. I think it added on a good chunk of time 30-50 mins possibly? Might have remembered it wrong, but it was at the SoL and a night match.
Was a night match and took about an hour. Very harrowing thing to be around. Poor lad did pass away too.

Me personally wouldn’t want the game stopped for me, but I think I would for anyone else in that predicament. That’s not a self hate stance,just hate being looked at- as daft as that sounds. Mid heart attack might fancy that attention though.

Last edited:

Back