Boiler/pipes trouble

mini-x2

Striker
Last few days I've noticed a banging sound when I've turned the heating on. It's now progressed to what sounds like someone bucking/fighting in the airing cupboard :confused: Sounds like the house is about to blow up. Any plumbers on here? :)

Last few days I've noticed a banging sound when I've turned the heating on. It's now progressed to what sounds like someone bucking/fighting in the airing cupboard :confused: Sounds like the house is about to blow up. Any plumbers on here? :)
Give Orca gas and heating a ring..he's based in Seaburn Dene.

Have you turned it on and stood looking into the airing cupboard? Sounds like a loose pipe needs a clip (to hold it in place).

Kettling issue is most common in hard water areas, where the boiler's heat exchanger accumulates limescale that constrict the flow of water. The heat exchanger becomes too hot and ultimately expands and causes heating pipes to making loud banging noises.

Blocked condense pipe as freeze outside.

Sorry mate I’ve left now

Edit - could it be an air lock ?

Last edited:
Try replacing the ballvalve washer, sometimes if it’s not sealing properly is causes a “ bounce “ effect which can reverberate through the pipes.

I am being serious here.

Back