Boiler help

Got an annual boiler check done yesterday and since it's happened the boiler has been continuously fired up with the bathroom radiator luke warm in the process. Quick Google search suggests a faulty valve of sorts. Is it likely to be that? No massive harm done as rented accommodation and landlord has insurance so just matter of phoning number and waiting for engineer. Will it do the boiler any harm being continuously fired up in the process or can you turn boiler off then back on when you need it incase it takes few days to sort?

Diverter valve? I'm not a heating engineer but it's happened to ours a couple of times. Not a huge job but quite common apparently

Diverter valve? I'm not a heating engineer but it's happened to ours a couple of times. Not a huge job but quite common apparently

I think so aye, from a layman's terms it defies logic as couple of radiators upstairs are luke warm whilst rest are stone cold. Can still fire rest of heating up in house if required mind.

Can any gas engineers advise if it's safe to turn boiler off from the mains say overnight then putting it back on if and when required rather than having it fired up all the time?

If the boiler is continuously fired up it could blow at any minute and your house might explode. I’d go and sit outside until the engineer comes if I were you.

Oddly enough, I had a diverter valve fail immediately after a boiler service. In my case there was water leaking from the boiler. Why would these fail after a service?

Got an annual boiler check done yesterday and since it's happened the boiler has been continuously fired up with the bathroom radiator luke warm in the process. Quick Google search suggests a faulty valve of sorts. Is it likely to be that? No massive harm done as rented accommodation and landlord has insurance so just matter of phoning number and waiting for engineer. Will it do the boiler any harm being continuously fired up in the process or can you turn boiler off then back on when you need it incase it takes few days to sort?
It’s more likely to harm your bank balance unless all your bills are inclusive.

Back