Body found in silksworth lake

It was initially found by a woman walking her dog this morning around the lake. She thought it was a coat and then on closer inspection, it was a body. Horrible sight to encounter.

Really wonder how long it had been there. David Bennett has been missing a month, was it really there all this time? Or if recent, where could he have been missing beforehand? Little makes sense, hence why the DNA results are crucial.

I’ve just read that is an old lady in the pond and the lad was found in the old Lambton safari place near burnmoor cricket club - Facebook facts as usual
Where the lad was found could be wrong. I know someone who was called to the scene this morning. He's only said what I posted above.

Echo website:

Only yesterday, Northumbria Police reissued an appeal for help from anyone who might have seen David.

But today David's mother Carol Watson posted the sad news on Facebook that a body has been found, which is believed to be her son.

She wrote: "Yesterday was the worst day of my life. Police have found a body and he matched my beautiful son.

Dear me, awful news!

I walk my dog up Nettle Lane off Burdon Road every day, but was away a few Saturdays back and never got out....they found a young lass up there on the day I didnt go out...i think it would proper fuck me up discovering something like that, I walk past the tree with the flowers around it! :cry:

Dear me, awful news!

I walk my dog up Nettle Lane off Burdon Road every day, but was away a few Saturdays back and never got out....they found a young lass up there on the day I didnt go out...i think it would proper fuck me up discovering something like that, I walk past the tree with the flowers around it! :cry:
Bet I’ve ran past you a good few times as that’s in my route I run every other day in the summer

Back