Bobby Gurney mural campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one mate. I have 174, 187 and 195 left. Which ones would you like?

Can you send your choice via email (on the website) so I can out your name against the number you choose please? Thanks again mate!

Good going lads, I would like to know from the mod who deleted my last post, what it was deleted for?

That's it! All 250 tickets have been taken. However, I'm still waiting on payment for a few numbers, for which I've sent out emailed payment reminders. If any of these numbers become available again, I'll let everyone know.

Massive thanks again to everyone on here, Facebook, Twitter, etc who has helped in the journey and offered their support either financially or by way of sharing news of the project. It's a cliche but it wouldn't have happened without you all. I can't thank you all enough! You've all in some way made me realise one of my dreams of commemorating a proper Sunderland legend.

That's it! All 250 tickets have been taken. However, I'm still waiting on payment for a few numbers, for which I've sent out emailed payment reminders. If any of these numbers become available again, I'll let everyone know.

Massive thanks again to everyone on here, Facebook, Twitter, etc who has helped in the journey and offered their support either financially or by way of sharing news of the project. It's a cliche but it wouldn't have happened without you all. I can't thank you all enough! You've all in some way made me realise one of my dreams of commemorating a proper Sunderland legend.

It's a class project and I'm glad it's made you so happy. Makes it all worthwhile 😎

Brilliant !
Well done mate.
Is there a rumour of a Gary Rowell one in the pipeline ?

Brilliant !
Well done mate.
Is there a rumour of a Gary Rowell one in the pipeline ?
From what I've read and spoken to Frank Styles about, Lord Rowell will be depicted on the newly taken over Times Inn (under the Queen Alex bridge). This is none of my doing but I have another project, still in early stages, which I will publicise more of in the coming months.

From what I've read and spoken to Frank Styles about, Lord Rowell will be depicted on the newly taken over Times Inn (under the Queen Alex bridge). This is none of my doing but I have another project, still in early stages, which I will publicise more of in the coming months.
Rowell in Suddick? Wtf? Monty is from suddick and played for safc a record number of times anarl. Rabbit away there.

Give it a month and you may want to have a look mate. They seem to have done a good job on the refurb. Along with the mural it'll be worth a visit I reckon.

I would disagree that people haven't put their hands in their pockets to be fair mate. The only bad thing about the timing of the project was that everything was closed, meaning less ways to raise the money. Race nights, talk ins, etc obviously couldn't happen and coverage of the project was fairly limited (one or two organisations I expected to be all over this and promised to help but unfortunately, for reasons unknown, didn't help or promote the project at all). As for people not having to drive through Silksworth to get to anywhere, that is true, however I have seen numerous people who have come to Silksworth just to see the mural. Lots of Frank's murals are in hidden places around Sunderland but people who want to see them, go to those places to see them. We could have put the mural in many places but the point still remains, it had to be in Silksworth as far as I'm concerned as it's Bobby's birthplace. We looked at other sites in Silksworth at the very start of the planning stage but none of the ones we earmarked were possible either due to financial constraints or planning consent. The Fleece, undergoing renovations at the time turned out to be the perfect spot.

This is not the end. I have further plans to honour our Sunderland greats and achievers. I want to try and make the city smile again, that is my aim. In light of all the dross we've had to tolerate over the last decade (even longer in some peoples opinions) I'm hoping I've helped to do something to lighten up the mood of the area and the city. Some may be in more visible areas, some may not be as visible

I appreciate all feedback (positive or negative) and the support that numerous people have offered, whether that be financial or by the way of publicising this project. Thank you for your comments.

Well done and well said.

If only some of the people responsible for the running and welfare of Sunderland A.F.C. Est. 1879 showed the same passion for OUR club and its history we’d be in a much better place.

Bobby, Raich and company will be proud there’re still remembered so affectionately by we modern day supporters currently holding the SAFC flame, and equally angry about those who have brought the club to its current sorry position.

Last edited:
Well done and well said.

If only some of the people responsible for the running and welfare of Sunderland A.F.C. Est. 1879 showed the same passion for OUR club and its history we’d be in a much better place.

Bobby, Raich and company will be proud there’re still remembered so affectionately by we modern day supporters currently holding the SAFC flame, and equally angry about those who have brought the club to its current sorry position.
It's the passion that sets us apart from the rest. More to come though. Watch this space!
Morning all. Two numbers, 148 and 188 have become available for the Bobby Gurney Artwork Draw. This is due to non payment (bit annoying but these things happen!) If anyone on here would like one or both, please email me at [email protected]. First come, first served. Thanks
ALL 250 NOW SOLD! Will announce the prize winners on here too for those not on Facebook. Details will also be published on the website too. Thanks everyone and good luck to those who've purchased tickets for the draw!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back