Bob Willis Trophy Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still about 10 hours of play left, weather permitting. May get a little rain, but shouldn't lose too much to it. Although the spectre of bad light looms - you can just imagine it happening can't you? 25 runs to win, 7 overs left, 2 wickets to take, then they come off for bad light.

If Somerset can continue to score at about 4 an over from here they can give themselves a good 80-90 overs at Essex with all results possible.

Getting interesting now.
Essex 26/2
211 to win
71 overs remaining.

Somerset need to bowl them out to win.

Really hope Somerset win this mind, been so close almost every year it seems in the championship.

Seem to really bring their young players though, give them a chance to shine and back them, seems Lammonby another one of the production line

This tournament could be the solution to alleviating some of the packed schedule.

of course ending the championship is an absolute no go, but if the powers to be want to go down that route at least some four day stuff may still be played.

whenever we get back to a full schedule again p, this could be tweaked a bit more to improve it. Who knows but I’m glad it was delivered this year at least

Not much happening for Somerset since the early wickets. Cook looking set.
68/2
57 overs left.
169 to win.

edit: Cook gone :lol:

Last edited:
I've not watched a minute but poor that Essex look like not going for the win.

Last I looked they needed 150 from 53 overs remaining and 7 wickets in hand.

Not really a difficult chase

Last edited:
Feel like Leach could have had 2 or 3 if he'd bowled a more consistent length. Six wickets is a big ask but pressure does funny things, hopefully be an interest last session.

Pleased for Anthony McGrath (Yorkshire certainly appointed the wrong ex captain as coach) but I do like Somerset as a club. About time they won something in FC cricket

Really enjoyed this competition to the point where I'd actually quite like it to stick around, if it means 3 divisions for county championship I don't think I'd kind too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back