Blur are far better than Oasis

Oasis all day everyday. However I don’t mind Blur at all. Like has already been said, they’re two completely different bands.

The whole comparison thing and the feud between them was a complete set up. Which gave them both a shite load of media attention.

Blur were the first live band I ever saw. The one & only time I stage dived :lol:

But Oasis were something else.Some if the best days of my life were at Oasis gigs. Irvine Beach, Earls Court, Maine Road, Old Wembley.

You really could say what a time to be alive and mean it.

Best gig I've been to was blur at Glastonbury in 09, seem oasis a few times and think at the time they captioned a moment but it got tiresome quite quickly and the music didn't develop.

Blurs later albums still stand out now

Oasis were of their time and their music sounds very dated now.

And Blur's doesn't?

Both of them are very 90s. Britpop (cap tip to Stuart McConie there)
Blue had some great tunes but some absolute duds too. Tender goes on for about 3 months
Oasis have some massive tunes, and again some "meh" in their back catalogue.

I suspect it's a North/South divide but I'd much rather have Be Here Now than Parklife on

And Blur's doesn't?

Blue had some great tunes but some absolute duds too. Tender goes on for about 3 months

I suspect it's a North/South divide but I'd much rather have Be Here Now than Parklife on
All Rise to that, mate.

And Blur's doesn't?

I think the vast majority of Oasis sounds very dated already. Some of Blur's does but I think they have quite a lot that doesn't. Blur were much better musicians imo, they were very creative, willing to play with different styles and ideas and were able to grow and move forward with the times.

and I say that as an Oasis fan who would rather listen to them over Blur (because I like my 90's nostalgia)

I really liked Blur before getting into Oasis. But Oasis were the better act, they started too make Blur look as camp as Christmas!

Back