Blackpool Fan in Peace

For all the hype on here mainly from blackpool fans, the two SAFC vs blackpool games are pretty meaningless now. That said do I get that we need a couple of wins from our remaining 6 to make the playoffs.
I think these two games are very important. Teams going into the play-offs (and we've been there more than most), need to be playing with confidence. Also, it will matter who plays who in the semis. For example, most on our Board want to avoid you. I'd rather play Portsmouth than Lincoln, as well. But then, we're not even guaenteed he play-offs yet.

I've been following your progress this season with great interest, even calling you "canny" back in December. You're one of the best in the league for me. All the best for the rest of the season. How are young Embleton and Robson doing for you?
Thanks. Bear in mind that we are missing 8 first team regulars when I say this but Embleton is a deserved regular at present. He has the strength to carry the ball forward and has an aware pass on him. His shooting is OK in parts but not a key strength. Robson isn't get enough game time for me. He offers good movement through midfield to the forwards and I think he's got stamina too.

Last edited:
So, neither of us pulled up any trees last night. However, I predict a more open, cracking game on Saturday. On our board (AVFTT) we've settled on the play-offs now. Have you still got one eye on automatic? Anyway, none of this 'may the best team win' bollocks. A scrappy one-niller to us off Sanderson's backside will do for me. 😉 All the best.
Resigned to losing in the play offs.

So, neither of us pulled up any trees last night. However, I predict a more open, cracking game on Saturday. On our board (AVFTT) we've settled on the play-offs now. Have you still got one eye on automatic? Anyway, none of this 'may the best team win' bollocks. A scrappy one-niller to us off Sanderson's backside will do for me. 😉 All the best.
HMHB fan?

Our two games in the next few days will be good practice for when we are drawn together in the qualifiers for the play off final. :rolleyes:

Dear me there’s some white flag wailers on here. If we beat Blackpool automatic promotion is still a hope, if we don’t it isn’t.
We fexked up recently how do you know Posh or Hull won’t drop points or feck up ?
I wouldn’t stand next to some of the wimps on here in the toilet never mind the trenches.
Oh and to the Blackpool fan, welcome and good luck just not against us.

for us not to make the playoffs we need all of the below to happen:

we have 6 games left
Lincoln make up 5 points with a game in hand
Blackpool make up 6 points with a game in hand
Portsmouth make up 6 points
Charlton make up 9 points over with a game in hand

all of those need to happen for us to drop out of the playoffs. could easily see us getting beat at the weekend then it could be:

we have 5 games left
Lincoln make up 2 points with a game in hand
Blackpool make up 3 points with a game in hand
Portsmouth make up 3 points
Charlton make up 6 points with a game in hand
Dear me there’s some white flag wailers on here. If we beat Blackpool automatic promotion is still a hope, if we don’t it isn’t.
We fexked up recently how do you know Posh or Hull won’t drop points or feck up ?
I wouldn’t stand next to some of the wimps on here in the toilet never mind the trenches.

hopefully thats our bad run out the way.

i wasnt too concerned after the charlton game as i thought we played well, played with good spirit and energy and certainly didn't deserve to lose. but thats football and it happens

the other night though, dear me. has me worried.

Last edited:
Are you in the military?

I am honestly amazed with how downbeat you guys are as how many points left up for grabs? Boro 5pts a head.. its nothing. We have done double over them so it's not like they are unbeatable... and they still have teams hoping to get in play offs.

If we had 71pts I would defo be thinking auto is doable.... having said that we will hopefully put a dent in that.

I am honestly amazed with how downbeat you guys are as how many points left up for grabs? Boro 5pts a head.. its nothing. We have done double over them so it's not like they are unbeatable... and they still have teams hoping to get in play offs.

If we had 71pts I would defo be thinking auto is doable.... having said that we will hopefully put a dent in that.

We have many years practise of being pessimistic.

Optimism briefly breaks out but it's only ever a thin veneer that's easily scratched off.

Edit, and Sanderson out for season news hasn't helped today

Can't really see how the lads will be up for this given how bad they've been recently when it really mattered. We probably need 3-5 more points to guarantee a play off spot, so with such small scale requirements I'm not sure where any motivation will come from.

Shit, how miserable was this post!

Back