Black Mesa 1.0

A kid at school was singing its praises. I haven't played it either, mind.

I downloaded this the other day but haven't started playing it yet. It gets good reviews and looks excellent. It's an anomaly as it is a fan made project yet Valve have allowed it to be released and sold commercially.

Last edited:
I downloaded this the other day but haven't started playing it yet. It gets good reviews and looks excellent. It's an anomaly as it is a fan made project yet Valve have allowed it to be released and sold commercially.

Looks good. I don't need anymore games right now but I'm tempted.

Since Valve aren't doing their own remake, seems fair really. Valve arent really doing anything aside from Steam at the moment. Even their newest half life offering is being done by someone else unde licence. And it is VR only so I will be giving it a miss.

In the early stages of playing this - it is excellent with slightly modified level design among the overall upgrades.

One of the best games ever enhanced - what isn't to like.

I can't praise it enough - if you have the PC capability then play it on maximum settings.

The atmosphere of the original game has been added to which is some going. The soundtrack elements which I have heard so far are very good.

The PC is a canny age but should be able to manage some OK settings.

Hmmm. Played hl back in the day and replayed it a couple of times over the next few years along with opposing forces and blue shift.

Then I played the black mesa game when it was a mod a few years ago.
I've done that game to death really.

So I'm not quite seeing why I would pay money to play it again, unless it's somehow amazing?

Just finished this. The Zen re-imagining is brilliant and the soundtrack elements that have been added really add to the atmosphere of the game.

It is definitely worth returning to if anyone has played the original as some of the levels have been redesigned as well.

Just finished this. The Zen re-imagining is brilliant and the soundtrack elements that have been added really add to the atmosphere of the game.

It is definitely worth returning to if anyone has played the original as some of the levels have been redesigned as well.
Is it worth playing yet again if you already played Black Mesa when it was a Mod?

Back