Black Box - young driver advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beery

Striker
my eldest didn’t bother with one but my youngest is going to need one to afford insurance

Tesco’s is cheapest- any tips/advice appreciated

He’ll be driving about 6 miles a day commute to work (7am - 5pm) then evenings weekends with his mates just around town - not many long journeys

my eldest didn’t bother with one but my youngest is going to need one to afford insurance

He’ll be driving about 6 miles a day commute to work (7am - 5pm) then evenings weekends with his mates just around town - not many long journeys

Prepare to be absolutely BUMPED.

Does he drive after midnight at all?

try smartwheels (more than) - if he drives ok to premium will go down fair bit the following year

Prepare to be absolutely BUMPED.

Does he drive after midnight at all?
He shouldn’t - unless he does “lifts” - he will drive to work and back mainly which is 6 mile round trip. He wants a “flashy” car and he will pay insurance himself so I have lost that argument

Then maybe around the local area till 10 during week and during day at weekends - he likes a pint so will more than likely get me to drive him back from rugby on weekends

try smartwheels (more than) - if he drives ok to premium will go down fair bit the following year
I’ve only looked on go compare and Tesco’s came out cheapest - wil it be better to go to sites direct?

He shouldn’t - unless he does “lifts” - he will drive to work and back mainly which is 6 mile round trip. He wants a “flashy” car and he will pay insurance himself so I have lost that argument

Then maybe around the local area till 10 during week and during day at weekends - he likes a pint so will more than likely get me to drive him back from rugby on weekends

I’ve only looked on go compare and Tesco’s came out cheapest - wil it be better to go to sites direct?
6 mile round trip? should get a bike and save the cash.

My son had that one for his first year of driving. He used to get good scores which got him extra miles & he claims he didn't drive "really carefully" as in slow as fuck, sticking exactly to speed limits etc.

The only category he didn't get good scores for was motorway driving as he hardly drove on them.

My son had that one for his first year of driving. He used to get good scores which got him extra miles & he claims he didn't drive "really carefully" as in slow as fuck, sticking exactly to speed limits etc.

The only category he didn't get good scores for was motorway driving as he hardly drove on them.

The bairn (well me) got a £180 refund because she drove sensibly. I was pleased:lol:

Ragging the tits off his 1.0 Corsa..........big exhaust on the back.

I worked for More Than Smart Wheels for 3.5 years. Do not use them, I can't stress it enough. Nothing against the company themselves but the restrictions & penalties are simply not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back