BJ Watling

Aye, great signing. Would have preferred little Tommy to come back but that's just me being old-fashioned, from the age where you could name a county's overseas and know they were there year after year (I could still tell you who played for which county in the 70s/80s/90s the sad get that I am).

Aye, great signing. Would have preferred little Tommy to come back but that's just me being old-fashioned, from the age where you could name a county's overseas and know they were there year after year (I could still tell you who played for which county in the 70s/80s/90s the sad get that I am).
Perhaps were happy with the openers and would rather them stay together as an opening pair?

Or more simple, latham just isn't available.

Join the club.
I can remember such overseas stalwarts from the mid to late 70s 'Golden Age'as:

Derbyshire..... Barlow, P.Kirsten
Essex............. Boyce, McEwan
Glamorgan.....Majid Khan
Gloucs........... Procter, Sadiq, Zaheer
Hampshire.... Richards, Greenidge, Roberts
Kent................Asif Iqbal, Julien
Lancs.............Lloyd, Engineer
Leics..............Davison, Clift
Middlesex......Daniel
Northants......Mushtaq,Sarfraz, Bedi
Notts..............Hadlee, Rice
Somerset.......Richards,Garner
Surrey............Howarth, Intikhab,Younis
Sussex...........Imran, Le Roux
Warwicks.......Kanhai, Kallicharran,Murray,Gibbs
Worcs............Turner, Holder
Yorks.............n/a

Not an Aussie in sight!:lol:

And of course for us in our minor county days the legendary Wasim Raja and Lance Cairns!

Join the club.
I can remember such overseas stalwarts from the mid to late 70s 'Golden Age'as:

Derbyshire..... Barlow, P.Kirsten
Essex............. Boyce, McEwan
Glamorgan.....Majid Khan
Gloucs........... Procter, Sadiq, Zaheer
Hampshire.... Richards, Greenidge, Roberts
Kent................Asif Iqbal, Julien
Lancs.............Lloyd, Engineer
Leics..............Davison, Clift
Middlesex......Daniel
Northants......Mushtaq,Sarfraz, Bedi
Notts..............Hadlee, Rice
Somerset.......Richards,Garner
Surrey............Howarth, Intikhab,Younis
Sussex...........Imran, Le Roux
Warwicks.......Kanhai, Kallicharran,Murray,Gibbs
Worcs............Turner, Holder
Yorks.............n/a

Not an Aussie in sight!:lol:

And of course for us in our minor county days the legendary Wasim Raja and Lance Cairns!
Some great names. I watched Wayne Daniel with big Vincent (however you spell his surname) skittle Yorkshire at Scarborough they where incredible.
I would have loved to have seen that South African team they could have put out play the Windies of the late 70s early 80s.

Some great names. I watched Wayne Daniel with big Vincent (however you spell his surname) skittle Yorkshire at Scarborough they where incredible.
I would have loved to have seen that South African team they could have put out play the Windies of the late 70s early 80s.

In Simon Hughes' A Lot Of Hard Yakka" he has a few good tales about Diamond Daniel. It was a sign of the strength in depth of the Windies pace bowlers that he only played about 10 Tests for them.-a bit like the scariest of them all....Sylvester Clarke.:eek:

Back