Bizarre substitutions in online supermarket orders

It’s not the same thing but I often wonder about the rationale of some things I see on shelves in supermarkets. I’m talking about things in the wrong place where someone has clearly picked up an item them further round the shop they’ve seen something else and decided to get the other item instead. Rather than replace the original item in the correct place they just leave it in place of the replacement item.

It’s not the same thing but I often wonder about the rationale of some things I see on shelves in supermarkets. I’m talking about things in the wrong place where someone has clearly picked up an item them further round the shop they’ve seen something else and decided to get the other item instead. Rather than replace the original item in the correct place they just leave it in place of the replacement item.

This. A cabbage from the veg aisle randomly placed where a bottle of tonic water should be.

My Asda order arrived not long ago. It'll keep me fed for a good while. Most of the substitutions made some degree of sense and there are things I missed (cheese!!). Not sure what I'll do with the bag of garam masala that replaced the bag of extra hot chilli powder I ordered but they're both spices. However, I'm still trying to make sense of how they could have someone order a jar of piccalilli and think that a microwaveable lasagne was a sensible substitute.
My worst was the Christmas Eve delivery. Ordered: rib of beef. Got: mince.

That Tesco free fruit for children is a brilliant idea, but I've felt physically sick a couple of times moving stock around on a display and finding a manky banana skin festering in the middle 🤢

I started taking photos of this. A tin of lentil and bacon soup, on top of a tin of lentil soup, neatly stacked between the 1l castrol gtx and castrol magnatec oil. One for the smb was a pack of beef quick fry steaks, and a Schwartz creamy mild peppercorn sauce mix, abandoned on the clippy mats. Wish I still had photobucket.

Back