Bin Collection - Side Waste

Bin raiding
Somebody’s nicked my bin. I’m currently engaged in a cat and mouse game of counter theft. I go out at 2am and whichever bin is left out in the back lane I borrow for 2 weeks.

I don’t know why more people don’t just burn it. If I run out of bin space it’s straight on the fire pit.
Any update from the front line or did they refuse to take them

Been banned in Northumberland since the pre Northumberland (Blyth Valley etc) days. Never seen any issues around here bar at Christmas where they just pick them up. You even have to have the lid shut and there's always random weeks where they crack down for like 3 weeks a year.

Can totally understand why it's done, in areas with back alleys it's a rats paradise as I'm assuming people won't be leaving the bags in their kitchen until the bin comes.

Didn't realise anywhere allowed it tbh.

Another one who’s fallen for the Tory strategy of cutting funding to the bone and then blaming the local councils.
I haven't fallen for anything. It's clear to see what the Tories are doing but also clear to see that we pay higher than average council tax as it is and that's to the council who will then tell us isn't enough to give us what we already had.
Too many people pocketing too many perks is what it is.

I haven't fallen for anything. It's clear to see what the Tories are doing but also clear to see that we pay higher than average council tax as it is and that's to the council who will then tell us isn't enough to give us what we already had.
Might have a point like. It's gone full circle, with lack of funding now becoming a cast iron excuse for councils. That's a nationwide thing as well

Who’s pocketing the perks? You reported them?
Might have a point like. It's gone full circle, with lack of funding now becoming a cast iron excuse for councils. That's a nationwide thing as well
Another cap doffer

Been banned in Northumberland since the pre Northumberland (Blyth Valley etc) days. Never seen any issues around here bar at Christmas where they just pick them up. You even have to have the lid shut and there's always random weeks where they crack down for like 3 weeks a year.

Can totally understand why it's done, in areas with back alleys it's a rats paradise as I'm assuming people won't be leaving the bags in their kitchen until the bin comes.

Didn't realise anywhere allowed it tbh.

Same here in North Tyneside.....I just go bin raiding around 11pm the night before when the streets bins are out....its a middle aged blokes highlight of the week.

The solution to it is to hoy it in your neighbours bin on bin day if they have space.

Family of four here and we rarely end up with an extra bag, we recycle everything we can.

My SiL doesn’t even bag stuff up, just hoys it straight in the green bin. Scruffy bugger.

Aye, I mean there will always be excuses as to why they can't afford stuff but they have no issues with putting up stupid stuff to waste money.
I've never seen streets like what I'm seeing lately, Filthy and littered to hell, and a street cleaner that comes around once in a long while unless someone pho9nes the council up to demand.
I can't speak for anywhere else outside of Hartlepool but it seems what's about to happen as regards singularly taxing us for every piece of action from bins to street cleaning and so on.
Who’s pocketing the perks? You reported them?
Do you work for them?

Aye, I mean there will always be excuses as to why they can't afford stuff but they have no issues with putting up stupid stuff to waste money.
I've never seen streets like what I'm seeing lately, Filthy and littered to hell, and a street cleaner that comes around once in a long while unless someone pho9nes the council up to demand.
I can't speak for anywhere else outside of Hartlepool but it seems what's about to happen as regards singularly taxing us for every piece of action from bins to street cleaning and so on.
Do you work for them?

Back