Billy Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a canny pair

Neil diamond and/or Perry como

I've got a canny pair

Neil diamond and/or Perry como
:eek: I'm not going to comment on my 'pair'! :lol:
My mother loved both of those singers. Actually listened to The Monkees (while hoovering) at the weekend and realised my favourite track 'A Little bit Me, A Litle Bit You' was written by Neil Diamond. I knew 'I'm a Believer' was - but never knew he did that one too.

Sorry to hear that Marra

Did he do 'we didn't start the fire'?
Just found the set list.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/billy-joel/2013/phones-4u-arena-manchester-england-5bc7579c.html

It was three years ago, and we only knew 8 out of 18 songs (2,7,11,12,13,16,17,18) and 4 out of 4 in the encore. I have poor memories because it took a long while to get going, and because he missed out so many of our favourites - like this one which makes me shiver every time I hear it ---

Very talented man, 'Always a Woman' probably my favourite but his Greatest Hits barely has a bad track on it, and I love Innocent Man as an album, sheer quality.

Nearly didn't get released due to a contractual wrangle as well.

Never knew that like.

I'd never actually even heard piano man until one night I was at a charity night at slaley hall, Dec from ant n Dec got up and sang it. It was first time I'd ever heard it and it instantly stuck in my head, found out it was Billy Joel and have loved it ever since.

Never knew that like.

I'd never actually even heard piano man until one night I was at a charity night at slaley hall, Dec from ant n Dec got up and sang it. It was first time I'd ever heard it and it instantly stuck in my head, found out it was Billy Joel and have loved it ever since.
I actually heard it by a comic who did the clubs in the 80's, think he was called Mike Cash, I instantly loved it and found out it was a Joel song.

Never knew that like.

The contractual wrangle wasn't over the song, Joel signed for one company and then changed to another but it took 3 years to sort it all out.

In that time he had to work, so worked playing the piano in a club which is where the song came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back