Bikers of the smb

Every man and his dog was out riding in Teesdale yesterday, some lovely bikes out.

Best for me was two BMW‘s , can’t remember the model numbers but one was metallic orange , a 1978 registered bike, the bloke riding it had a matching open faced Bell helmet , his mate had a black one which was 1976 model.

They both rode away on a wave of torque

looked like this one.
I've a 1980 r100
Did it have a little fairing on ? Could be a R90s ( or two )
Sporty model ,they did Orange burst and black ,silver burst
As for Torque I was loving the 4th gear roll ons on my Harley over the tops

Last edited:

I've a 1980 r100
Did it have a little fairing on ? Could be a R90s ( or two )
Sporty model ,they did Orange burst and black ,silver burst
As for Torque I was loving the 4th gear roll ons on my Harley over the tops

no fairing on either.

I remember the one with the big fairing on from when I had my bike back in the 70’s

Its that time of year again , my insurance renewal was £116 and tax is £96 due this month, the service is due next month which I'll do myself at a cost of £30. There can't be any cheaper ways to get on the road apart from a pedal bike?

Last edited:
Its that time of year again , my insurance renewal was £116 and tax is £96 due this month, the service is due next month which I'll do myself at a cost of £30. There can't be any cheaper ways to get on the road apart from a pedal bike?
Definitely not. Try going through Quidco next year, I got mine for buttons with the cashback. Tax is a pisstake mind, i just do dd and sorn it in the winter months.

Considered putting my 2019 in for a new Low rider with the 117 motor in but i just prefer the look of my Sportglide and its tuned a bit so goes well . The 117 must fly
I swore I’d never own a Harley. Had this one 8 years now. Once you get used to the riding position it’s great for long rides.

(Don’t know what the white spots are, they’re not on the bike, though the dust is…….. first time out this year)

Logon or register to see this image

Hot day today jeffers, just seen 3 different blokes on Harley, cool as fuck, the open road, devil may care attitude, I can see me getting one 😎
I’ve had one. After years of riding 4 cylinder Japanese sports bikes it was a big change. Didn’t go, didn’t stop and didn’t like corners. Sounded great with some slash cut Screaming Eagle pipes but I had no one to ride with so I sold it after a year.

Considered putting my 2019 in for a new Low rider with the 117 motor in but i just prefer the look of my Sportglide and its tuned a bit so goes well . The 117 must fly
Aye it’s very quick for a big bike
Hot day today jeffers, just seen 3 different blokes on Harley, cool as fuck, the open road, devil may care attitude, I can see me getting one 😎
Just do it…

Back