Big Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course N'Doye for Khazri is a defensive substitution - it's all about forgetting creativity, shove a big lad on the wing, and hoof it up to him.

I'd have taken Kirchhoff off, when he was clearly shattered, as he always is after 60 minutes, when playing the most high paced game he has ever played. And I'd have brought Cattermole on. And yes I was saying the same thing for about 20 minutes before the goal.

The Cattermole who has been a liability for months, that Lee Cattermole?

The truth is you have no idea how things might have played out had Sam made that call, we may even have lost the game. Yet again we've hired a manager you don't rate or like and it shows.

Yet again like Bournemouth...Southampton and now today so so negative sitting back and asking the opposition to attack us costing us points after points

Could have been in such a better position

Hasn't learned his lessons which is shambolic
Too true, brought O'Shea on with 90 secs to go against Southampton, and he lost us 2 points. No surprise then, he brought on O'Shea again today with 5 mins to go, and again we lose another 2 points. Not rocket science

Apart from his signings of KKK I've been totally unimpressed with his reign so far. He reminds me of MON. Tactically spent at this level. Whilst our problems began long before the arrival of Allardyce, he will be a major factor in us going down (should that happen) as we have thrown away so many games directly due to his second half tactics and substitutions. And there's no covering that up and hiding it. He has been awful at times.

Deluded
We were better first half they were 2nd
They deserved a draw - unfortunately for them we've took 4 points off them & are still above them with more upcoming home games
They had to win this game
That doesn't make me deluded and I agree they deserved a draw on the balance of the whole game. That doesn't make it any less disappointing for me that we failed to finish off a very poor team who were there for the taking.
Edit: agree with pretty much everything you've said.

That doesn't make me deluded and I agree they deserved a draw on the balance of the whole game. That doesn't make it any less disappointing for me that we failed to finish off a bery poor team who were there for the taking.
I'm disappointed as well mate
They have decent home form - I had a feeling 2nd half would be different
They had to put us under the cosh, they failed to beat us again

For a manager who is so reliant on statistics i hope he takes notice of the feckin obvious one ....when you take Kirchhoff off we concede.

Apart from his signings of KKK I've been totally unimpressed with his reign so far. He reminds me of MON. Tactically spent at this level. Whilst our problems began long before the arrival of Allardyce, he will be a major factor in us going down (should that happen) as we have thrown away so many games directly due to his second half tactics and substitutions. And there's no covering that up and hiding it. He has been awful at times.

I think he's thorough in preperation, diet, training regimes etc etc. Probably a decent motivater who has the team organised, but that's about it. Creativity as with all his sides won't come through his methods or training, but whether the individual is creative or not. I don't think he's 'tactically naive' as such, just negative and basic in how his sides play. He is what he is - a lower level minded player who is now a mid table Premier League manager.

He's improved the side quite a bit and we actually look a team and we wouldn't have been anywhere near this mess had he been in from the start of the season, but he's also cost us at times too. Kinda glad he's here on one hand, but frustrated with him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back