Big Bash

Watching today's offering "as live". Looks like a contest and close finish at last. All too one sided so far. Everyone has been beating everyone but the games themselves have been shite.

Lad I know played in the same team as my son was playing only bowled one over bizarrely the first one on the team that got beat. Will Bosisto top lad

Watched a few games, it's not really very good is it? The T20 Blast is far better. Australian cricket is right in the shite....shame.

You a cricket lover pb ?
I wouldn't say that I am, and I know little about it really regarding silly mid offs etc. I know that purists like test cricket but I occasionally watch limited overs cricket from back in the day when Ian Botham played to today when I watched the Big Bash. The particular game I watched had a good ending ( though I get it that it could be boring if no exciting ending).

I wouldn't say that I am, and I know little about it really regarding silly mid offs etc. I know that purists like test cricket but I occasionally watch limited overs cricket from back in the day when Ian Botham played to today when I watched the Big Bash. The particular game I watched had a good ending ( though I get it that it could be boring if no exciting ending).

Well even that interest has elevated you even higher in my estimations

Never seen a team choke like this in a final :eek::lol:

93-0 and cantering to victory.
And even Ben Dunk got runs!!

He’s been shite over 2 campaigns for the Stars
Big money contract tho so has to be picked
Was he Strikers before?

I was expecting to see Morgan and Luke Wright too.
Luke’s contract was up with the Stars mate and he is calming down the globetrotting now

Last edited:
Watched a few games, it's not really very good is it? The T20 Blast is far better. Australian cricket is right in the shite....shame.
I've enjoyed this in previous years but the length of this year's tournament was ridiculous, I lost interest weeks ago and couldn't it believe it when I saw they were still playing group games in February. Too many games and dragged it out so long just about any overseas player has had to leave to play for their country lowering the quality. I suspect they've killed the golden goose this year.

Strange how for the last few years the likes of Vaughan, Lloyd etc have pushed the BBL as what the English game should be recreating as its great and now in its own back yard folk are fed up of it dragging on.
But isn't more due to a changing format … it getting bigger and longer - ie too big, too long to make sense.

But isn't more due to a changing format … it getting bigger and longer - ie too big, too long to make sense.
Possibly so and probably the organisers getting greedy but shows how fine the margins are, slight change to the format and all of a sudden folk have lost interest in it as much.

I have enjoyed it in the past, but it was absolute garbage this year from what I saw

the standard nowhere near as good as a lot of the blast.

Strange how for the last few years the likes of Vaughan, Lloyd etc have pushed the BBL as what the English game should be recreating as its great and now in its own back yard folk are fed up of it dragging on.

Its not surprising when you realise its Vaughan and Bumble saying it

we already have a fantastic tournament, with teams engrained in the community that have mass support

Why we would rip that up, its just insane

Back