Big Bash 2021

Ben Dunk and Jack Edwards both poor. How do they get picked?
With working from home this year, this is the first year I have got to watch quite a lot of games and tbh although I have enjoyed it the standard is very hitty and missy

Some players I've watched are no better than club players yet keep getting picked - Josh Lalor was the one who stood out for me - awful and not surprised to be dropped for todays game

With working from home this year, this is the first year I have got to watch quite a lot of games and tbh although I have enjoyed it the standard is very hitty and missy

Some players I've watched are no better than club players yet keep getting picked - Josh Lalor was the one who stood out for me - awful and not surprised to be dropped for todays game
Problem this year is the amount of test cricket that's going on so there aren't that many internationals available

Wtf is with these players and commentators having a laugh about overseas players being hard to understand. Happens just about every game I watch of this ffs

Hales top run scorer in competition

110 again

Have to say it’s fairly poor by Morgan like

He needs to remember he’s just a player not bloody god

Do what’s best for English cricket not just because you hold a grudge

He is an amazing one day batsman.
Needs to be in the first XI nevermind the squad

110 again

Yeah, we'd have won two world cups with him in the squad

It’s a different format mate

Is he in our best 16 T20 players, yes or no?
On paper would he improve the squad? 100% yes.
Would the results improve or would his presence have a detrimental effect? Only the players and management can give an indication of that, I suspect there's more than we know. But since he's been dropped we've won the 50 over world cup and are ranked #1 in T20 so I'd say it's a stretch to say his absence is detrimental to English cricket.

On paper would he improve the squad? 100% yes.
Would the results improve or would his presence have a detrimental effect? Only the players and management can give an indication of that, I suspect there's more than we know. But since he's been dropped we've won the 50 over world cup and are ranked #1 in T20 so I'd say it's a stretch to say his absence is detrimental to English cricket.

It’s unlikely he would

they’re adults

I just think it’s harsh on the lad who played the ultimate trust

I’d have more respect for Morgan if he just said I don’t like him, he’s not getting picked

instead goes on about regaining trust

110 again

Easily our best white ball batsman, imo. Needs to get back into the side, especially with back to back T20 WCs

It’s unlikely he would

they’re adults

I just think it’s harsh on the lad who played the ultimate trust

I’d have more respect for Morgan if he just said I don’t like him, he’s not getting picked

instead goes on about regaining trust
What if that is the actual reason? Fact is we only have Morgan's comments to go on, Hales hasn't contradicted them. What if Hales hasn't apologised or there's been other incidents we don't know about? I'd love to see Hales back in the squad but nobody seems to be making a case for him who's connected with England or Hales which makes me think there's a stronger reason why than Morgan just doesn't like him. If that was the reason I expect we'd hear more from Hales, his agent, stories leaked to the press saying it's not fair.

Back