Bid rejected for Clarke

Anything less than £15m and he’s worth more to us than the money. Unless we actually need to the money or have replacements lined up I’d be disappointed if the figure wasn’t £20m minimum

Any source of this as I could literally type that someone made a random bid.

The article is certainly lacking any and is clickbait at its finest.

Should be telling clubs he isnt for sale and build the team around players like him

Sadly this "project" is essentially making us a feeder club for Premier League teams
Feeder clubs don't get 10s of million pounds for their players which is then reinvested to strengthem/secure the club mid term.

If their first effort is 9 million it's at the point where you'd tell them not to bother coming back tbh.
They'll try and go with the addons.

If I was SAFC I'd just say... "This is the price we want and this is sell on fee, take it or leave it".

TBH, I would much rather we kept him, to matter how much is offered, but big money talks.

Should be telling clubs he isnt for sale and build the team around players like him

Sadly this "project" is essentially making us a feeder club for Premier League teams

Brentford sold 4 or 5 players for massive fees to PL clubs, whilst in the championship and yet kicked on, got promoted and have consolidated up there. I would have some doubs that the game plan is to just become a feeder club.

Build a team around players like him to what end? We can't compete with top teams without selling players and reinvesting. That is the Dortmund model whilst competing with Bayern, and it's the current Brentford and Brighton models whilst challenging for Europe. It's tried, tested, and evidently works when people with competence are involved.

Players aren't assets with an infinite lifetime either, they have contracts, natural goals, and peaks - it's down to the club to have the confidence and intelligence to know when to sign and sell players based around those factors.

Back