Best work laptop for under £500

LondonMackem

Striker
Looking for a laptop to buy that I can work from home on. Doesn’t need to be top spec or too flash, mostly for emails, work portal, spreadsheets etc.

Any recommendations welcome.

I also echo Lenovo

I have one personally and we are moving to them at work after having HP kit for the last 3 years and we cant wait to see the back of HP...cheap,nasty,flimsy and poorly built

I also echo Lenovo

I have one personally and we are moving to them at work after having HP kit for the last 3 years and we cant wait to see the back of HP...cheap,nasty,flimsy and poorly built
Nah, no difference really.
Used to work for HP, so would love to slag 'em off. But £ for £ their kit is about as good as Lenovo's. I recommend Lenovo too though. The Ideapad range is spot on VfM.

Another vote for Lenovo. Haven't looked but you can probably get a core i5 processor and 8GB RAM for under £500 which will be fine for what you want to do on it.

Swapped out my trusty five yr old dell for a Lenovo this year, not nearly as happy with it. Heavy for it’s size, no hdmi port and a number of glitches.
Plus the useless git of an IT nerd who transferred the data lost all my photos, around 3000 with 5 years work on

Back