Best team ever by letter

I’d not fancy facing the bowling attack of the Ts

Trueman
Tyson
Thomson
Tait

Struggling for batsmen though. Think it might be one of the weakest letters barring arguably the greatest ever.

Trescothick
Mark Taylor
Tendulkar
Thorpe
Ross Taylor
Tatenda Taibu?!

C

crawley
compton
cairns l
cairns c
cummins
capel
carberry
caddick
cartwright (Tom)
collingwood
cook (Alistair )
I'd have Colin Cowdrey in there
Give me till tomorrow to think

two all time greats. I’ve just been reading the latest cricketer mag and they were talking how badly larwood was treated after the Bodyline series

There's a really good radio play on at the moment about the bodyline series. An excellent listen for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Second top scorer with 16 for Durham in their Friends Provident semi final victory over Essex in 2007. Still one of the most thrilling white ball games I have seen.
Essex 71 Durham 72-7.
Who needs scores of 400+ for exciting cricket?:D
I was at that with a few mates. Amazing game of cricket. I seem to remember Essex did well to recover to get 71 all out and Durham were struggling until a no ball and Plunkett hit the free hit for 6.
Here is the scorecard;

We had them 38-7 and we were 38-7 chasing. Mad game.

Last edited:
I was working in Thornaby that day and expected to get to the ground in time for the half time interval, but as I was parking my car, and with no idea of the score, I heard a great big cheer and then everyone started flooding out. When I did see the score, I was kind of glad I missed it. My heart might not have been able to take it. It was a nerve shredder, I believe

The nice thing about the final was our win was so comfortable that I was able to sit back and enjoy every minute of it... both days

Mark Waugh
Everton Weekes
Kane Williamson
Steve Waugh
Frank Worrell
Clyde Walcott
Shane Warne
Matthew Wade
Mark Wood
Courtney Walsh
Bob Willis

The A team