Best takeaway coffee

Greggs and McDonalds are best value.

Always like an independent for best, absolutely love the stuff they knocked out at Holmeside coffee shop in the winter gardens.

Will happily drink Costa and Starbucks if on the road.

Turkish sand coffee is the most lethal though.

Last edited:

Maccies is always reliable for a 99p coffee when your out and about.

Costa makes the bets and worst coffee, it's a gamble.
I got a fab Americano from the one on Springwell road, made properly with steam and the flavour was spot on.
Got the same thing from the one in Debenhams and she basically tipped and expresso into hot water.
That's what an Americano is though...

Greggs and McDonalds are best value.

Always like an independent for best, absolutely love the stuff they knocked out at Holmeside coffee shop in the winter gardens.

Will happily drink Costa and Starbucks if on the road.

Turkish sand coffee is the most lethal though.
Homeside was Ouseburn Coffee's Foundry no. 1.

Greggs coffee is weak as piss but will do at a push.
McDonalds coffee is reasonable if you buy a double-espresso and pour it into a large white coffee.
Nero is the most disappointing of the three "proper" coffee chains but better than the above two places.
Starbucks is fine, just not as tasty as Costa.
Costa is the daddy.

Costa. Takeaway is the way to go. Unless you like listening to sales reps shout at their warehouses, have students spread their homework all ower the table, or owld biddies discusiing their bunnions (@becs ) ;)

Last edited:
Greggs coffee is awful but Starbucks is the worst of the lot. I think maccies coffee is fine as is Costa providing you get it in a proper Costa outlet, the Costa vending machines they have in shops and petrol stations are rank.

Cole kitchen in Roker is great coffee as is the place on durham road which has a name with (on purpose) gay connotations. But I can't recall the name. Coffee is great though.

I find Greggs and McDonalds coffee perfectly good for a fraction of the cost mind.

Apparently Cole Kitchen at Roker does best coffee in town

Personally i dont drink coffee ..... Horrid stuff
Coleā€™s are canny. My favourite is Grinder on the Durham Road
Cole kitchen in Roker is great coffee as is the place on durham road which has a name with (on purpose) gay connotations. But I can't recall the name. Coffee is great though.

I find Greggs and McDonalds coffee perfectly good for a fraction of the cost mind.
Grinder. Fantastic little shop

Last edited:

Back