Best restaurants in Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough like, I was thinking people who live in the NE would have some suggestions you might not find in the newspaper.

My ma' and da' wadn't eat Japanese like.

Just enquired about booking a table there, nice one.
We took the drones to Peace and Loaf for Christmas lunch last year so, on that basis, I would reckon it must be terribly passe if it is still open after a year. Not your kind of place.

I think they're treating him there. Taking him out for a birthday treat and then back to theirs for cake and jelly imo. Probably some party hats as well.

I'm up that weekend for the derby anyway. Was asked what I wanted for my birthday and I requested that we go for a meal at a restaurant of my choosing with absolutely nee slaver on about the price of the f***ing food.

I'm up that weekend for the derby anyway. Was asked what I wanted for my birthday and I requested that we go for a meal at a restaurant of my choosing with absolutely nee slaver on about the price of the f***ing food.

In that case, go to The House of Tides and get the Evening Tasting Menu (and the optional courses). Will be about £100 each though.

Birthday pressies from parents at 29 indeed :lol:

Exactly. Which is why I asked to go for a meal. We'd have been going for a meal anyway like, birthday or not.

In that case, go to The House of Tides and get the Evening Tasting Menu (and the optional courses). Will be about £100 each though.

I would do mate but looking at the sample menu they'd not want to eat any of it.

I would do mate but looking at the sample menu they'd not want to eat any of it.

They should broaden their horizons, assure them that although it sounds like something they'd not normally eat, a very good chef will ensure that the flavours are balanced enough that it's very palatable.

Or go to Nandos.

They should broaden their horizons, assure them that although it sounds like something they'd not normally eat, a very good chef will ensure that the flavours are balanced enough that it's very palatable.

Or go to Nandos.

The last time I saw them we went for food and I ordered scallaps with celeriac puree. While I was eating it my mam said to my dad "what's a scallop?" and he said "I think it's just some fat".

I also learned during that meal that my neither my mam nor my dad have ever eaten butternut squash or sweet potato because "they're not really keen on orange foods".

:lol:

It's no wonder you wanted to escape to London!

We then got into a discussion about how those two foods are "basically the same thing" and I said "they're not a million miles away but yay wadn't knar cos you've tried neither".

The manager of the restaurant came over for a bit crack on cos I've been going on the place for a canny while and he said "you're a chef aren't you? We're looking for a new head chef at the minute" and I said "no mate I'm not but I can give it a go if you want" trying to have a bit of banter with him.

My mam and dad were giving me grief saying I shouldn't be so dismissive of job opportunities and that I should consider taking the job.

We then got into a discussion about how those two foods are "basically the same thing" and I said "they're not a million miles away but yay wadn't knar cos you've tried neither".

The manager of the restaurant came over for a bit crack on cos I've been going on the place for a canny while and he said "you're a chef aren't you? We're looking for a new head chef at the minute" and I said "no mate I'm not but I can give it a go if you want" trying to have a bit of banter with him.

My mam and dad were giving me grief saying I shouldn't be so dismissive of job opportunities and that I should consider taking the job.

Not fully convinced by your current career choice? :lol:

Not fully convinced by your current career choice? :lol:

They seemed to think the bloke had seen something in me and "because you're always going for meals and that" my true calling might be to be a chef.

They've been saying this for years in fairness so it wasn't a slight on my career.

The last time I saw them we went for food and I ordered scallaps with celeriac puree. While I was eating it my mam said to my dad "what's a scallop?" and he said "I think it's just some fat".

I also learned during that meal that my neither my mam nor my dad have ever eaten butternut squash or sweet potato because "they're not really keen on orange foods".
:D :D :D. f***ing hell man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back