Best Moments Of This Premier League Run - 2007/2008 to 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 0-3 before the Cup Final was f***ing fantastic. We played the Scum absolutely off the park weeks before our trip to Wembley, who were absolutely shite and the whole day was a great pisstake. Was great hearing our fans sing 'Que sera sera' throughout especially at the end. That's a great memory for me.

Bloody strange period.

Some unbelievable highs, yet an overwhelming sense of an opportunity missed.
If someone had told you when Ellis Short took over the club 'we will play at Wembley, get to a Cup Final and beat the Mags record consequetive times in a row' you'd have been absolutely delighted, if then they'd ended that sentence with 'and most fans will hate him' you'd have simply told them to 'fuck off'. Mad how it's turned out. I guess it shows context is everything.

If someone had told you when Ellis Short took over the club 'we will play at Wembley, get to a Cup Final and beat the Mags record consequetive times in a row' you'd have been absolutely delighted, if then they'd ended that sentence with 'and most fans will hate him' you'd have simply told them to 'fuck off'. Mad how it's turned out. I guess it shows context is everything.

True.

In reflecting on this period I think the constant grind and struggle sticks in people's minds rightly or wrongly.

Johnson's goal that ruined many a mag's Christmas.

The whole six in a row in one explosive moment with a goal celebration on level seven to end all celebrations. Happy Christmas, the War was over. f***ing love John Lennon me:cool:

from those 10 years, thats 90 months say, in league action. How many of those months were we quite happy in total you reckon?

About 15 months most from the 90? About 15%?

John Mensah coming in and looking like we'd signed Jesus Christ himself. Having everyone in his pocket and jumping about twice his height.

Also Lorik Cana and his aggression, being on the edge of your seat for the whole duration of him being on a yellow card, which seemed rare as he had a god given ability to talk refs out of giving him one

Our current predicament puts all the great moments of recent times into the background for me.

I just can't see another great escape. Sunderland this season reminds me of Coventry back in the late 90's, early 00's, when after seasons of relegation escapes the chickens came home to roost. God forbid that we slip as far as Coventry have but I fear that we are gone this season.

For pity's sake Ellis Short, now that you have show that you just don't care anymore, move heaven and earth to get new investment in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back