Best league in the world

Some people on here slating the Premier League.

Clowns.

The Mags should have been the lesson that put that to bed. Speed, precision, control (and capitalising on mistakes). It's another level. That game showed how far we've fallen and how far we have yet to climb just to try and be a yo-yo club. That should be our next benchmark due to the parachute payments.

There's no coincidence we've had English team champions league finalists the past 5/6 years.

Championship. Wake up.

It really is shit, the Premier League. The whole “best league in the world” spiel is Sky nonsense to make everything either “the best thing ever” or “the worst thing that’s ever happened”. It’s all dramatised nonsense when it reality it is pretty crap to watch.

Crap to watch?

I’m sorry like, but that’s nonsense. I can get on board with just about every other critique of the Premier League - the money, the inequality, the ripping off of fans, the unfairness, that its quality is overhyped compared to other leagues like Spain. But crap to watch? It’s not crap to watch and this season in particular has not been crap to watch. The football is fast, direct, entertaining and very dramatic.

It’s a lot better to watch than any other league. Better than Championship football. And better than other leagues.

I genuinely can’t see how a fan of football the game, rather than the circus around it, could disagree. It’s why it’s such a lucrative global product.

Crap to watch?

I’m sorry like, but that’s nonsense. I can get on board with just about every other critique of the Premier League - the money, the inequality, the ripping off of fans, the unfairness, that its quality is overhyped compared to other leagues like Spain. But crap to watch? It’s not crap to watch and this season in particular has not been crap to watch. The football is fast, direct, entertaining and very dramatic.

It’s a lot better to watch than any other league. Better than Championship football. And better than other leagues.

I genuinely can’t see how a fan of football the game, rather than the circus around it, could disagree. It’s why it’s such a lucrative global product.
It’s crap to watch. They bang on about these big games being so great and they inevitably end 0-0 and they’re absolutely f***ing honking and had it been a game outside of the Premier League, people would be honest and say it’s shit but we have the “best League in the world” narrative.

BAd night for PL, good night for England. Thats Rice, Saka, Foden, Grealish, Walker & Stones not risking injury or over exertion in 2 or 3 intense CL games. The only English players left are either unlikely to go to the Euros(Sancho, Dier) likely to rested in the league leading up to the CL games (Kane) or an absolute monster who could probably play 3 games in a day (Bellingham)

I’m actually a bit worried Bellingham - Jobe not Jude who ran out in about November - is running a little low on steam.

Though if they win the Classico, then they can probably manage players through the league.

It’s crap to watch. They bang on about these big games being so great and they inevitably end 0-0 and they’re absolutely f***ing honking and had it been a game outside of the Premier League, people would be honest and say it’s shit but we have the “best League in the world” narrative.

You must be cursed then, because this season has seen the highest average goals per game in the English top flight since the 1964-65 season.

That’s a fact.

Try and watch a Man United match. Every one of them is carnage.

Last edited:
The premier league is dull as ditchwater. I genuinely mean this, the championship, even if not as high quality, is far more entertaining and enjoyable.
Definitely, it’s not even up for debate. We take the piss out of the jock league for always being a two horse race but we’re no better down here except we have a slightly bigger pool (due to more teams) being in the same horse race year after year. The sheer greed and financial situation, matches messed about for tele and probably a load of other things I could list, makes me believe the Premier League is a bit of a cesspit tbh albeit a cesspit with lots of money flying round.

I hope it bursts one day, hopefully if this European Super League ever happens.

It probably is, but not much in it. I think in terms of our top 4 or 6 we are, but I think a better indicator is the strength of the teams from 5th to 20th, in that case is it? possibly not, with the Spanish and German leagues maybe more equal across the board than the Premier League, where games this season between the elite teams and the teams at the bottom have become academic, unlike a few years ago, when you had the likes of Stoke and Bolton who frequently seemed to throw a spanner in the works. It was refreshing to see that come to an end last weekend , when Palace and Villa won at Liverpool and Arsenal, but I can't see it happening much in future as the gap widens.

Back