Best league in the world

City were dominant tbh, Madrid sat back and absorbed for almost the whole game but they did that fantastically. Hard to say who the better team was as Madrid executeed their defensive gameplan very effectively, and City were class but just couldn't get in the net
Just shows how good man city are though, real Madrid of all teams doing a tony pulis stoke but with Bellingham,modric,valverde and vinicius just to name a few. Not many teams throughout history could make real Madrid do that🤣

In the last 5 finals, England have been represented 6 times.

Of the 10 finalists in those 5 years, there have been 8 different teams:

1 German
1 Spanish
1 Italian
1 French
4 English

I never really get this argument, especially when the draw didn’t particularly favour Man City especially. It’s pretty clear them and Madrid are the best two teams in the world, just unfortunate they faced each other in the quarter finals.

By this logic are we saying the Conference is a better league than Leagues 1 and 2 because Maidstone made round 5 of the FA Cup and no teams from those leagues did?

Last edited:
It's the strongest league over he last few years and will likely be the strongest in the next few also.

Best is down to opinion.

I don't recall the odds from before the quarter finals, but I'd say both Arsenal and Man City were slight favourites. Anything can happen over 2 matches. Had they played in February, Arsenal would have probably knicked it.

As a league it's one of the best.

All teams are mostly foreign players though.

Thought the Man City game last night was boring. Tippy tappy shite.

Last edited:
BAd night for PL, good night for England. Thats Rice, Saka, Foden, Grealish, Walker & Stones not risking injury or over exertion in 2 or 3 intense CL games. The only English players left are either unlikely to go to the Euros(Sancho, Dier) likely to rested in the league leading up to the CL games (Kane) or an absolute monster who could probably play 3 games in a day (Bellingham)

Up to 2022 it was Spain with 132 wins England 112. So Spanish league is historically stronger and can’t see that will have changed much in past 2 years.

Up to 2022 it was Spain with 132 wins England 112. So Spanish league is historically stronger and can’t see that will have changed much in past 2 years.
Yeah because those representing the country in Europe are the only teams that should be considered in relation to strongest league, right? So by your logic, if France only had one representative in Europe and it happens to be PSG who hypothetically won each of the 4 games they've played in Europe against English teams... Would that make the French league stronger as a whole? Of course not.

Yeah because those representing the country in Europe are the only teams that should be considered in relation to strongest league, right? So by your logic, if France only had one representative in Europe and it happens to be PSG who hypothetically won each of the 4 games they've played in Europe against English teams... Would that make the French league stronger as a whole? Of course not.
But if you checked the list you would know all these games weren’t against 1 club so your PSG argument is pretty lame. It’s many English league teams playing against many Spanish league teams. It’s the closest barometer we have - nothing is perfect.

Last edited:
But if you checked the list you would know all these games weren’t against 1 club so your PSG argument is pretty lame. It’s many English league teams playing against many Spanish league teams. It’s the closest barometer we have - nothing is perfect.
I said hypothetically speaking and I used one team as the example to simplify it. Either way, that list only accounts for the top tier teams of their respective leagues which I think based on trophies (I haven't googled) would most likely have Spanish top of the pile but that doesn't mean the bottom half of their league is as competitive or physically demanding as the English equivalent.

Back