Best league in the world

Shows we are not

Suggests we might not you mean.

There is a lot of nuance and ambiguity. Nothings been put to bed last night due to a penalty shoot out between City and Madrid.

Could Forest beat Celta Vigo? We don’t know. But strength of league cannot just be defined by the very elite sides.

But Forest are one of ten European cup winners from England. That’s more than any other country.

Only listened to bits of commentary, a different bounce of the ball could have seen city through, neither they nor arsenal have been battered.
City were dominant tbh, Madrid sat back and absorbed for almost the whole game but they did that fantastically. Hard to say who the better team was as Madrid executeed their defensive gameplan very effectively, and City were class but just couldn't get in the net

Always one that brings this up every time the English teams get knocked out. Notice how it says the best "league". The league referring to the 20 teams not individual teams and yes, it is the best league due to the physical demand, the competitiveness of the teams as a whole and not to mention Man City are still European and world champions. I would argue the Spanish league is close based on the likes of Sevilla and Celta Vigo languishing close to the drop and both teams would do reasonably well in the Prem.

Who cares if it is or it isn’t?
And by what criteria are you deciding?
It’s probably more fun than the other big ones, seems to have more goals.
But for me I watch a game in itself not thinking about all the possible contexts of which league is better or which seasons cup competition is better etc seems a bit odd way to look at things

Back