Best abusive songs at oppo players

David Beckham used to have to listen to chants about Posh and the songs suggested she liked it up her bum.

She was once at Watford sitting next to Elton John when it was sung. He said to her “They sing that about me too”
The EJ version was something like...

"Don't bend down when Elton's around or he'll shove his cock right up your arse"

to the tune of "my old man" which is hilariously appropriate.

FA Cup 1981 Birmingham away

Oh wankie wankie.
Wankie wankie wankie wankie Worthington.

(RIP)

A week earlier we played them in the league down there. Singing that song to Worthington throughout the match.
From memory, we were winning 2-1 after 85 minutes or so and, typical Sunderland, managed to lose 3-2.
Worthington scored the winner, turned round to us behind the goal and, laughing, made the wanker gesture.

RIP

Last edited:
Not a song but the most abuse I’ve seen a player get at sol was Colback playing left back when they lost

My anger towards him has died down now

I was more annoyed he pretended to be mag. He literally wasn’t. I’ve dealt with him before. His parents are from down south, not from the north east.

quinny said it best “if he was a Geordie then he never told us”

I mean, we had some shockers when I was a bairn in the stands, but at the time I was buzzing singing the one:

One Bobby Robson
With his pension book and his zimmerframe
Bobby Robsons pissed himself again
All of the boro peedo ones as well😳
Couldn't imagine singing them with the bairn

I remember everyone singing "get ya tits out for the lads" at Paul Walsh with his long flowing blonde locks as he was warming up down the Main Stand Roker wing at Roker Park. Not really abuse but it was amusing, he didn't find it funny though.

"Steven Taylor, we wish you were dead"
and the Mags going into melt down, ringing the police and that.
I mean, we had some shockers when I was a bairn in the stands, but at the time I was buzzing singing the one:

One Bobby Robson
With his pension book and his zimmerframe
Bobby Robsons pissed himself again
Was more of a piss take at the Mags for having an old manager, than a dig at the bloke.
Likewise other similar ones

Last edited:
.. Remember at Roker us singing "All of a sudden a dirty great pudding came flying through the air" every time the opposition forward went in for a header .. Can't remember the player or even which team it was against ..

Back