Best 1 Hit Wonders of the last 30 years

Looking for Linda made it to 15 apparently so I guess you could say that’s a hit, although I’d still say one hit wonders. Everything else failed to make the top 40, so definitely not hits.

I think you will find (I also looked it up) that violently reached no 21, I think we can safely say that Hue and Cry were not one hit wonders

Dandy Warhols weren't one hit wonders man!

Aye, not if you were the last junkie on earth and every day should be a holiday too. All pretty good songs

Followed it up with top 20 hit “The Ballad of Chasey Lane”

They’ve had 8 top 40 UK singles, including 5 top 20.
Didn't they release the roof is on fire too? Obviously not as big a hit but it must have charted

Last edited:
I think you will find (I also looked it up) that violently reached no 21, I think we can safely say that Hue and Cry were not one hit wonders

The EP did, it wasn’t a single and still fell below Looking For Linda. I’d say Hue and Cry were one hit wonders. One top 10 single, nothing else in the top 10.

Last edited:
The EP did, it wasn’t a single and still fell below Looking For Linda. I’d say Hue and Cry were one hit wonders. One top 10 single, nothing else in the top 10.
I would love to let this lie but I cannot!! I suppose one hit wonder is subjective and people can interpret this how they please, I’m sure if you ask someone from Hue and Cry they would not belive that they fell into this category

To me, a one hit wonder is an artist who reaches the top 40 once and never does so again, not someone who has only one top 10 hit. If you go with the latter definition then The Clash and AC/DC are/were both one hit wonders.

To me, a one hit wonder is an artist who reaches the top 40 once and never does so again, not someone who has only one top 10 hit. If you go with the latter definition then The Clash and AC/DC are/were both one hit wonders.
I would say top 20 rather than top 40, but yeah a one hit wonder isn’t just one top 10 hit.

Back