Benfica B v Safc highlights video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course we all wish him well, but I fear the raw talent that we thought we were nurturing 2/3 years ago doesn’t seem to have materialised, such a shame.
It's hard to improve when you are injured most of the time, keep him playing and he can progress I'm sure, his attitude is top class but he just can't miss anymore football with long term injuries. He certainly excites me more than Grigg or Wyke.

Watmore doesn't fill me with hope at all

If he can get fit and stay fit he’d be a real asset this season.

I wish him all the luck in the world but have my doubts as to whether his body is robust enough for a long season in L1.

Having said that if rumours are to be believed we’re looking to move him on - I suppose he’ll be one of the top earners left now.

For a friendly I thought it was a good workout. Benfica looked sharp and passed the ball well. I thought we passed the ball well in parts defended well in parts however we still struggled with our link up play to the front 2. Three outstanding players for us were mcgeoch Leadbitter Maguire

Before his injuries he had pace that terrified Premier League defences. If he can get close to that sort of pace again the little terrier could be a real asset for us this year.
I don’t think any defence was ever terrified of Watmore like

I don’t think any defence was ever terrified of Watmore like
ask Ryan Shawcross when we played home v Syoke and he was sent off taking him out? Everytime he went near him he shit himself !

Thought all in all it was a decent run out last night. Certainly no need for the panicking going on with this board. Should be a tougher test at the weekend and i think we will see closer to the team Ross wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back