Bellingham

18 years old and has 5 goals from midfield this season. People have been writing him off lately while crying over a player that scored 9 in 115 games and went on strike.

He's clearly been overplayed and has suffered for it in the last few games. It was good management to leave him on the bench today and he came on well motivated. He should probably be closer to double figures for goals, of course, had a valid goal disallowed against WBA and has missed some sitters as well.

i like the fact he does offer us something different. He’s big strong and physical and got to be hard to play against. If he can speed up his decision making and reading of the game he’ll be cracking in a few years.

Looked to have more energy coming off the bench. Needs a break before coming back in.
Did he say something on that access all areas at the end like “ I told you “ -possibly after his goal -that he would score and prove a point
Or maybe that’s just completely my take on it
Either way what a goal-I’ll get you a coffee in Grandpa Dickies the morra

Don’t think it was fatigue. Think he was getting a bit complacent, 70mins on the bench and he comes in with a point to proof and with a bit of fire.

Lesson learnt. Hopefully.

Nothing is given, everything is earned.

Was good to see him get in positions where he was on the half turn and driving towards their back line. Looked to have the bit between his teeth after coming off the bench.

He's clearly been overplayed and has suffered for it in the last few games. It was good management to leave him on the bench today and he came on well motivated. He should probably be closer to double figures for goals, of course, had a valid goal disallowed against WBA and has missed some sitters as well.
There’s enough games left for him to hit double figures. I reckon if you'd told him when he signed he'd be a regular starter in his first season and he'll add goals to his game, he'd have taken that.

There’s enough games left for him to hit double figures. I reckon if you'd told him when he signed he'd be a regular starter in his first season and he'll add goals to his game, he'd have taken that.

Oh, totally. Given that he's 18, just, the season has already been successful for him with regular starts, 5 goals and playing in 3 or 4 different positions. He's clearly going to be very, very good, not as good as his brother, but still very, very good.

Oh, totally. Given that he's 18, just, the season has already been successful for him with regular starts, 5 goals and playing in 3 or 4 different positions. He's clearly going to be very, very good, not as good as his brother, but still very, very good.
The criticism of him on here as been absolutely embarrassing. Like you say he’s an 18 year old kid. He’s going to be a tremendous footballer. He’ll play Champions League football.

Really quite petty, pathetic and unfunny, the talk about him having to start.

Have the club got the balance 100% right in terms of game time and rest? Probably not, but these nonsense suggestions are really quite sad.
You have to admit it is pretty weird to have a DoF come out and do a mid-season interview, just to confirm one of your young players isn't tired... they've just had an insane downturn in form at exactly the same time any other 17/18yr old would be tiring under a similar workload.

You have to admit it is pretty weird to have a DoF come out and do a mid-season interview, just to confirm one of your young players isn't tired... they've just had an insane downturn in form at exactly the same time any other 17/18yr old would be tiring under a similar workload.
He should have been rested sooner bit for all we know he might be training really well. But regardless you’d like to think supporters would be bright enough to realise he just needs a rest and also be a bit more appreciative to have such an exciting kid on our books. It’s unjustified spite towards Speakman and the link to Birmingham and player if you ask me.

He should have been rested sooner bit for all we know he might be training really well. But regardless you’d like to think supporters would be bright enough to realise he just needs a rest and also be a bit more appreciative to have such an exciting kid on our books. It’s unjustified spite towards Speakman and the link to Birmingham and player if you ask me.
I'd agree if Speakman hadn't come out of the blue to do an interview about how Jobe wasn't tired when he clearly was. The supporters were bright enough to recognise this, I haven't seen anyone say he should be melted for clue or owt, just clearly needed a rest.

Back